Chapter 17

"Austin.."

Oh who am I kidding! Of course I want to marry the love of my life!

"Of course I will to marry you Austin!"

He smiles at me and takes the ring out of the velvet box and puts it on my left ring finger. We both stand up and my arms instantly go around his neck and I kiss him with all of the love in my heart. He puts his arms around my waist and kisses me back just as passionately. When we pull away we go into a hug, holding onto each other as tight as possible.

"Austin, Ally, were home!"

Oh my God! How are we suppose to tell Mimi and Mike? Austin and I pull away from each other and I give him a worried look.

"How are we going to tell your parents?"

Austin puts on his adorable thinking face and then answers.

"Well I guess we'll just have to do it. Like ripping off a band-aid right?"

I laugh at his analogy then turn the engagement ring around so the diamond is facing downward. Austin takes my hand and kisses me quickly before bringing me downstairs. When we get downstairs we enter the kitchen still hand in hand. Mimi sees us enter the room and smiles at the both of us.

"Austin, Ally, me and-"

Mimi stops mid-sentence when she spots Austin and I holding hands.

"AHHHHHH!"

She screams and then runs over to us crushing the both of us in a hug. Austin and I laugh and hug back, never letting go of each others hands. When Mimi lets go of us, leading us to the kitchen table. Austin and I sit across from Mimi and Mike, Mimi has a huge smile on her face and I can't help but giggle.

"Oh Ally, your dad is safe to come home but he will be staying in Europe until tomorrow. So you will be staying with us for the next few days."

"Okay, thank you Mimi. Really, I appreciate everything you did for me. You and Mike. Thank you."

"Of course sweetie! As I said, your a part of this family."

I smile at her while thinking 'you have no idea'

The room went silent for a few minutes until Mimi broke it again.

"Umm Ally... What's that?"

She pointed at my left hand and I looked down at it. Somehow my engagement turned around so the diamond was facing upward. SHIT! I snatch my hand from the top of the table and look away from Mimi.

"Uh, uh, nothing!"

Well I couldn't have been more obvious! Austin squeezed my hand reassuringly and I looked up at him and smiled.

"It's an engagement ring. I proposed to Ally because I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her."

While saying this, Austin was staring into my eyes the whole time. After he said this he gave me a quick kiss, then looked at Mimi and Mike to see their reaction. To my surprise they both had smiles on their face.

"Aww! I'm so happy for both of you. You know Mike proposed to me when we were 17 too?"

Mimi explained, looking at Mike in the last sentence looking lovestruck. Awww they are too cute! I smiled at Mimi with tears in my eyes.

"Thank you Mimi, I'm happy too."

I leaned my head on Austins shoulder and I felt his head rest on top of mine. I love this family! And I love Austin more then I could have ever imagined. The rest of the night was full of laughter and love. To be honest, this has to be the happiest I have ever been. I can't wait to see my dad though! I miss him so much! Oh no... how am I suppose to tell my dad I'm engaged? He gets protective if I have a crush! Well, he does like Austin so I'm sure he'll be okay with this, right? Let's hope so...