Chapter 8

Ally's P.O.V

Austin and I watched 4 out of the 5 movies I had picked and the movie we were currently watching was Mulan. We are at the part when Mulan is gearing up to go to war. This is hands down one of my favorite movies. Now its at the part when her dad runs outside in the rain and falls to the ground. He has a hurt leg just like me. He fell down just like when I fell down the stairs. HI FACE, HIS KNIFE, HIM! The memory keeps playing over and over again in my head like a montage, haunting me. Tears start to form in the corners of my eyes and a small whimper comes from my mouth without my permission. At the corner of my eye I can see Austin look over to me while his eyes get wide. He pauses the movie and looks back at me.

"All its okay, its just a movie."

He's gently rubbing the top of my back and I turn to him so my legs are criss crossed on the couch and now my whole body is facing him. By now, I am completely sobbing.

"NO! It's not the movie, its HIM!"

Austin gives me a confused look, but also sad because he doesn't know what I am talking about.

"Him who?"

"HIM! The one that's in my mind and taunting me every second of everyday! The one I am completely terrified of. HIM who is still out there trying to get me!"

My voice cracks at the last sentence and I place my hands on my face and cry even harder.

"Oh Ally."

I can feel Austin wrap his arms around me and I instantly wrap mine around him. I need his comfort. I always have and always will. He makes me feel so safe when I am in his arms, like nothing can touch me but I know that is just my own illusion.

"I'm so scared." I whisper to him and I hear him sigh.

"I know. But believe me when I say I won't let anyone hurt you."

He whispers back to me in my ear, causing shivers to run down my spine. He lets go of me after a while and I suddenly miss his warmth. I can't help but have a sad look on my face, which was not unnoticed by Austin. He sits back and pats the side beside him while saying,

"It was getting uncomfortable."

I start to giggle but then it turns into a cry. I sit beside him with my legs on the couch tucked under me. I wrap my arms around his stomach and put my head on his naked, glorious chest, but right now I can't even be happy about it. He puts his arm around me and uses one of his hands to stroke my hair. I cry in his chest for a while until I finally calm down with the help of Austin.

"Are you better now?"

"A little. Thanks."

I look at him with a tear stained face and smile sadly. A piece of hair falls on my face and before I can catch it, Austin quickly puts it behind my ear. His hand lingers there while we stare into each others eyes. I clear my throat and sit up straight while wiping my face with my hands.

"Um, what time is it?"

"Its 4:30. My parents should be home soon."

"Well what shall we do then?" I ask while standing up. He stands up right after me and steps in front of me, very closely might I add.

"Do you want to go swimming?"

"Sure let's go get put bathing suit on."

We both walk up the stairs and he goes to his room while I go to mine. Did Trish and Dez even pack me a bathing suit? I don't see why they would but who knows, maybe they did. I walk over to my suitcase and start to look through my clothes and only find one bathing suit I never ever wanted to wear or even see again. I hold it up and let out a loud sigh. It is a yellow bikini with a thin black line on the rim of the top and bottom. The top is a halter top and has a white O shaped circle in the center of it. Thank. You. Trish. (note the sarcasm.) Trish got me this bathing suit for my birthday and as much as I love her, we really don't see eye to eye on our clothing choices, especially bathing suits. I sigh again and then head to the bathroom to change, takeing off the gauze on my arm, since the bleeding has stopped and putting plastic around my cast. Once I do all of that I put a towel around my body and head downstairs. When I walk into the kitchen I see 2 people with their backs facing me, my mind not registering who they are. On instinct, I let out a very loud and terrified scream. The people turn around and its only Austins parents. Oh... oops. I put my hand over my chest trying to calm down my breathing.

"Oh Ally honey I'm so sorry, we didn't mean to scare you."

"Oh its okay Mimi, I kind of feel silly."

Just then, Austin comes running down the stairs in only his pink swim trunks and runs right to me. He takes his hands in my face and starts to examine me.

"Ally whats wrong, are you okay?"

I laugh at how worried he sounds.

"Austin I'm fine. Your parents just startled me."

"Startled? Okay let's go with that."

I laugh at his sarcasm then turn back to Mini and she has a sad look on her face. This is the second time she made me scream and she probably feels awful. I take my towel off and place it on the counter. I walk over to Mimi and give her a huge bone-crushing hug. She instantly hugs me back and I feel her relax, letting out a relieved sigh.

"Its okay Mimi. Thank you for letting me stay here. I can honestly say that your like a mother to me."

"Thank you Ally. And trust me you are like a daughter to me. I would do anything for you. Wait until you are officially a part of the family."

She whispers the last part so only I can hear. What does she mean when I'm officially a part of the family? She breaks a part the hug and winks at me. I give her a confused smile but she just smiles back at me.

"Okay well me and Ally are going swimming for a while."

I can hear Austin walk up to me and I can slightly feel his bare back touching my bare back. Holy mother of Jesus, I'm going to die of heart palpitations.

"Okay you two have fun but supper will be ready soon so don't be too long."

Austin's dad, Mike, says.

We both nod while I grab my towel and then we make our way out into his backyard.