SEVEN

When I woke up Cory was still sleeping so I nudged him lightly because when I checked the time it was eight o'clock and we were going to be late for school if we didn't get up and get ready now.
"Cory we need to get up." I tell him but he just grumbles and turns away.
"I'm not doing this with you Cory either you get up with me or you stay here it doesn't effect me whatsoever." I continue as I get out of bed and grab my uniform from my chair and I take the items into the bathroom where I get dressed. When I came out Cory was still lying in my bed although he was awake this time, I sat at my dressing table and gave myself two french braids and pulled out a couple of strands of hair to shape my face. While I was getting ready my bedroom door opened and in walked Missy and Nas who looked shocked to see a shirtless Cory lying in my bed, I put my hand to my face as the two girls looked between the both of us.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Nas asked me in shock as I stood up from the chair and grabbed my school bag.

"Leave it Nas." I sigh heavily as I head for my bedroom door "I take it you're staying here?" I asked and Cory just smirked at me and then at the girls.

"Seriously?" Missy questioned him and he just continued to smirk at us all,

"Well I'll see you later." I say as I walk out of my room while pushing Nas and Missy out with me and out of the house so we could make our way to school together.

"What was he doing there? Did he spend the night?" Missy asked me.

"Yeah he did, look I don't need a lecture from either of you I know what I am doing is risky and stupid." I sigh,

"Well if you're sure about him." Nas said.

"Every boy is the same. They play you and use you until it suits them but I don't want that to happen to you." Missy said to me and I frowned a little before thinking of sticking up for Cory since he has no one else to do that for him.

"Yeah I am, he cares about me and that's all I really need from someone at the moment." I say with a smile forming on my face,

"Ooo look at her! She's blushing he really does make you happy!" Missy teased along with Nas. While the three of us were walking to school and talking someone grabbed me from behind and picked me up and I was instantly scared, I screamed like hell before I brought my leg up and kicked the person in the lower stomach making them drop me to my feet. When I turned around I saw Cory holding his stomach in pain and I instantly felt so bad whereas Missy and Nas were in hysterics.

"I'm so sorry!" I said as I covered my mouth before hugging Cory tightly, I kissed his head and took hold of his hand.

"It was boring being alone so I thought I would come to school." He told me as he gripped onto my hand as we all walked together. When we all got to school I was stood with Cory when Mr Bell approached the both of us.

"I see you two are friends again." He jokes as he looks down at our intertwined hands.

"Yeah we're good now." Cory said as he looked down at me and I gave him a small smile.

"Not being funny or anything sir but why are you over here?" I asked him.

"Jordan didn't turn up to his foster home meeting where they were meant to pick him up, do you know where he could be?" He asked the both of us. I was about to tell him about yesterday evening when Cory butted in.

"No last time I saw Jordan was at school when we had that meeting." He lied and I looked up at him and frowned slightly and I think Mr Bell caught on very quickly to this,

"Lee?" He questioned me and I looked back at him and shook my head. He then walked away leaving Cory and I stood together in the front of the school gates.