SIXTEEN

After Cory had shouted at Ross no one knew exactly what to say or who to speak too, Cory was being moody and I didn't want to upset him even more so I looked at the time on my phone and decided to leave everyone just before the bell for third lesson, I was going to give my finished script to Miss Keane at break but I had completely forgotten so I decided that I would do it before her lesson which is what I had next. Knowing that she wouldn't mind that I would be late because she would also be late to the lesson so it didn't really matter. After I dropped the folder off I went to drama where I saw Cory still sulking in his seat, I rolled my eyes and went to go and sit with Chloe.

"What's his problem?" Chloe asked me

"Honestly I have no clue, like I know Ross annoyed him earlier but Cory is never like this." I tell her the both of us then look at Cory who stares back. I then share a look with Chloe and we both shrug our shoulders before listening to her mum talk again. While we were having the drama lesson by going over my play Mrs Carter walked into the room.

"Sorry but can I talk to Leeanna please?" She asked Miss Keane,

"Does it have too be now? We're going through her play." Miss Keane asked

"I'm afraid so, Leeanna my office please." Mrs Carter said as she held the door open for me whilst I gathered all of my things and walked to her office with her.

"What's this about Miss?" I asked as we reached her office.

"You dad has informed me about your mum and how she's been released." She said seriously and instantly I felt ill.

"I promise it won't effect my work." I say innocently

"I'm not concerned about that Lee I'm concerned about your safety that's all, your mum was convicted of GBH and a robbery." Mrs Carter said to me and I nodded slowly.

"She won't come here she doesn't even know where I live right now." I say

"Even so we have a duty of care for you and everyone in this school. Have you told your friends?" She asked me

"They know that she has been released but they don't know what she was put inside for, only Missy and Nas know and that's it I don't want to tell anyone else I was hoping to forget about it all to be honest I thought that by coming here I would get a fresh start and put all that in the past but I can't even have that." I sighed heavily in frustration,

"Don't worry Lee, you are safe here and its like you said, she doesn't know where you're but I do think that you should tell your friends about your mums convictions." Mrs Carter said seriously and I nodded at her before making my way back to the drama studio where everyone was still reading the play through.

'You okay?' Missy mouthed to me and I nodded my head slightly, 'tell me later.' She carried on and I nodded my head again. When we finished reading through the play it was now time for people to give their summary of what the play is about and I was meant to say who was the closest and elaborately more on the plot and story line. After so many guesses that were either completely wrong or quite close to the truth, Candice had her say and what she came out with was basically right.

"It's about her and Cory, Leeanna is the transfer student called Grace, who is played by Missy. Nas is Alexandra the best friend of Grace who you can clearly tell is meant to be Missy. Riz is Ben who is based off of Cory and Nav is Oliver who is meant to be Riz. Everyone else who is in this play has actually had some involvement in Lee's life in some way or another." Candice explains and I smile to myself.

"Lee is she correct?" Miss Keane asks

"Totally, I wanted to make a play of my life and experience here so that everyone else can see what it has been like for me here. Knowing you all and falling out with some of you has made my journey here that extra bit special for me so to produce a play that shows all of that is something that I have always wanted to do." I said in further detail.

(*Time Skip*)

I was now in history class with Cory sitting next to me and he seemed to be a lot more neutral than he was earlier.
"You okay?" I asked him quietly.

"Do you really think I'm egotistical?" He asked me sounding a little hurt.

"No I don't but if you remember the first time we hung out together that is what I saw you as, I obviously don't see you like that anymore if I did I don't think we would be where we are right now." I explained and he smiled, "Cory what's really the matter? You haven't been your normal self since the new boy arrived and I know it isn't him that's annoyed you because you don't get upset by people like that so the only I can think is that I'm the one who upset you."I whispered to him but he didn't reply. "Well?" I asked, Cory then shuffled in his seat slightly and avoided all eye contact with me and that was the only confirmation I needed. "What have I done to upset you because I promise it wasn't intentional you know I wouldn't do that too you." I said.

"I just feel a little betrayed that you wouldn't talk to me about this play L. You've made me look like a villainous and horrible person don't get me wrong I'm proud of you for doing this play I just wish that you spoke to me about it first before giving it to the whole class to perform for the school." Cory explained.

"This probably won't make a difference whether I say this or not but when the play was written we weren't even dating let alone talking to each other."

"But you started writing it when I met you, why didn't you tell me about it?"

"Because I knew you would react horribly and at the time I was scared to tell you because you were the one person who hadn't screwed me over at the time." I explained to him softy "and I'm so sorry that I have made you feel like this I love you to pieces Cory so if you want me to stop this play then I will because I don't want to lose you through it all, I would rather have you then some recognition of a stupid play that is putting a strain on our relationship." I explained seriously,

"Carry on doing the play L, I can't ask you to give it up." He said softly

"You don't have too if I can now see that it's upsetting you then I won't do it I'll tell Miss Keane that I can't go through with it. I'll do it at lunch." I say

"No Lee don't do that." Cory argued

"Tough, I'm doing it this isn't worth risking our relationship for." I say, Cory then put his hand on my thigh and squeezes it slightly.

"I love you." He smiles at me

"And I love you too." I smile back, even though this play is something I have always wanted to do I can't hurt Cory through the process it just wouldn't be fair on him.