TWELVE

Monday at school arrived and today I was showing my production of a play for Miss Keane, she had given a bunch of us a chance to create our own school production and I took to the opportunity because I love performing and I love music so I decided to do a form of a musical. I packed my bag along with my folder that contained everything inside for the play ready to hand in to Miss Keane to overview for me. I walked downstairs and grabbed an apple from the fridge along with a bottle of water and placed them both into my school bag.
"Do you want a lift Lee?" My dad asked as he came into the kitchen with his blazer and bag,

"Um yeah okay." I say as my dad grabs his car keys indicating that we were on the journey to school. It didn't take very long before I finally got to school so my dad dropped me off and as I got out of the car and started to walk through the school gates I felt someone tap me on my left shoulder and when I turned around I saw no one but when I turned to my right I saw Cory smirking down at me so I just rolled my eyes at him.
"What's gotten you in such a good mood?" I asked him,

"Mr Bell just told me on Friday that today there is a scout coming to see me play today for a possible university scholarship in sport." Cory smiled at me.

"That's amazing Cory why didn't I know about this sooner?" I asked him which made Cory frown at me,

"Because we weren't talking remember?" He reminded me and I nodded slowly.

"Oh right yeah." I said softly which kind of set my mood, I looked down at my hands and then I walked away,

"Lee hold on!" Cory called out

"I'll see you in drama." I said without even looking at him I just walked into the school more specifically the girl's toilets where I found Nas and Sam kissing near the sinks.
"Oh sorry." I said trying my hardest to look away from them both.

"Leeanna." Nas said in shock,

"Look you two carry on I'll just go." I said a little awkwardly before walking out. I got a few feet down the hall before I heard Nas shouting out after me which is when I stopped to let her catch up too me. I leaned against the windowsill in the main corridor.

"Sam and I are just friends." Nas said to me and I snorted a little,

"If you two are just friends then what does that make Cory and I? Best friends?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes.

"I like her Lee. I like girls." Nas said to me and I smiled,

"I know you do Nas, it wasn't something you hid very easily." I told her.

"What do you mean?" She asked

"Well for example when Missy and I used to fancy Zac Efron from high school musical you used to think Kelsey was pretty cute if that wasn't a massive give away you might as well just held a glowing sign with an arrow saying 'I'm a lesbian' above your head." I said which made her laugh.

"Was it that obvious?" She asked me

"To me it was yeah maybe not so much to Missy, if you're happy then so am I, I don't care what you're you will always be my Nas the girl who stole butterflies off my pink shoes and stuck them to her boring black ones." I smiled at her and she hugged me.

"Thank you." She whispered and I smiled at her as we pulled away. "Now lets go give your production to Miss Keane." Nas smiled at me.

(*Time Skip*)

I was currently standing in front of Miss Keane while she overlooked my production draft and I was so nervous, she was showing no signs of confirmation that what I had done in my own time was any good to produce.
"Well Lee this is- fantastic!" She smiled at me,