NINE

I was in school the next day which I didn't mind, Mrs Paracha was kind enough to offer lifts to school for me along with Nas little did I know that agreeing to it was the worst mistake of the day. Mrs Paracha was learning to drive from Miss Keane and she wasn't exactly the best so the journey wasn't the smoothest and every time we bumped I would hit my knee on the seat in front of me making my leg hurt even more, Mrs Paracha always apologised for it but it wasn't her fault she was learning just quite badly. When we finally did all get to school quite a few eyes were on me which was quite intimidating it felt like it was my first day at this school all over again nevertheless I went straight to the student hub where I saw Missy talking to the new girl and it wasn't in the nicest of manners so I walked over to see what was going on.

"You've been here for a day and you already think you run this school. You may have had people fear you in your old school but you're in Ackley now and believe me you're nothing compared to us." Missy hissed at Florence who just rolled her eyes at Missy.

"Leave it Miss." I told her and when she looked at me and saw the crutches she frowned and then looked back at Florence.

"If you thought Leeanna was a threat then you're in for a shock." Missy said

"Alright Missy you've made your point just leave her alone." Cory sighed

"And you've got a nerve I heard what you did I always knew you were nasty but saying what you did is just disgusting and if I were Lee I would've let you go ages ago but that's just me. Lee likes too see the good in everyone no matter who they may be and you're lucky that she likes you so much Cory." Missy warned him.

"Just leave it Missy it's fine." I said

"But it isn't! He said what he did and you let him get away with it all because you're blind anyone can see that you like him a lot more than he likes you otherwise he wouldn't of carried on kissing Florence." Missy said and it actually made me think, realistically I put the effort in with Cory and all I get back are cheap insults about my mum and stupid little secrets.

"I-is that what everyone actually thinks?" I asked everyone around me and they all felt ashamed to agree which made me feel even worse, it made me feel stupid. "Right." I said softly as I made my way out of the hub, I sat on the windowsill just in front of one of the main staircases when Cory came to join me.

"You know they can think what they like right?" He asked me yet I stayed silent, "you know how much I like you L." He continued to tell me.

"Do I though? Think about it Cory I was the one who let you stay with me, I have always protected you from everyone and most importantly I was the one who said that I was falling for you first and all I've gotten back from you is cheap shots about my mum, secrets and a denim jacket." I tell him,

"I know and I'm sorry I'm just not used to all of this." He mumbled

"And you think that I am? I have never done something like this before." I said

"And I'm not saying that you have it's just hard for me because I have such a bad reputation with girls here and to know that you're the one who is changing that scares me and I never know what to do." He sighed

"We're so so different Cory and I want to say that we can make all of this work but I just don't think that it's possible."

"Don't do this L." He says softly,

"The cliche speech isn't appropriate here Cory because it really isn't you and it really isn't me none of this is we just don't fit. We argue constantly over little things and we say that we're sorry and want to try and do better but it never happens if this is what it is going to be like then imagine if we became an actual couple. I don't want that for it because I don't want to carry on hurting and I don't want to carry on hurting you that's just not who I am."