Chapter 47

"Someday we'll meet again, in a different place, where there will be only us."

"You know, I have never seen dad look this happy

"You know, I have never seen dad look this happy." Atharva sighed, his fingers gently combing through Aahana's hair while she had her eyes closed, listening to him.

"I'm glad he agreed to come with us."

Earlier when they went to Saxena Mansion, they found Harshvardhan in the library which Nisha told was the place where he spent most of his time after Urvashi's death. He hardly was eating and his deteriorating health, bags underneath his eyes, frail figure was a dead giveaway. They wanted to take his pain away.

Atharva didn't want to go inside the library, for it held her memories but one last time for dad, Aahana's words echoed in his mind and he couldn't disagree. She was always right.

Harshvardhan was holding a book, his face scrunched up in deep concentration, facing the same page for ten minutes which made them realise he wasn't even reading. When they said to him about the new house, he didn't say anything at first, his silence gut-wrenching but when he met their eyes filled with tears with a smile on his face, they knew they'd done the right thing. He hugged them both tightly and nodded, and they both could feel happiness radiate off him. Finally.

Nisha couldn't be happier. Also, the new house was close to her Fashion house so it was more apt she stayed with them. When she thanked them, Atharva felt like for the very first time he was seeing her after she had left for the hostel. He found the same sister with whom he'd spend those few months of his childhood playing and studying with. He realised she wasn't bad after all.

Atharva hummed in response and gazed at her. She wasn't asleep yet but she looked peaceful. Her face was devoid of makeup, and she couldn't be more beautiful. He moved closer and pressed his lips on hers. Surprised, her eyes opened and her lips parted slightly at his suddenness. He smiled and cupped her cheeks, drawing her closer and they kissed like they were doing it for the first time, raw and hungry, filled with passion and love.

Breathless, they pulled away and Aahana felt heat rush to her cheeks. "What was that for?"

Atharva shrugged. "I need a reason now?"

She nodded thoughtfully and rested her head on his chest. He chuckled, his arms wrapping around her waist. "I love you. Is the reason good enough?"

"It will do."

"Hmm?" He ran his fingers on the side of her waist and her eyes widened in horror, feeling the unwanted laughter bubble within her.

She gave him a sweet smile and pretended to yawn. "I'm so sleepy. Goodnight Atharva."

"Uh-huh." Aahana couldn't stop the giggle that escaped her lips, which soon turned into full-blown laughter. Her face turned beetroot in color and it, in turn, made Atharva laugh. The melodious sound rang in her ear and she couldn't help but look at him. His eyes were crinkled, twinkling like starlights, and the dimple that adorned his face was extremely adorable. He looked genuinely happy with her.

But when it became beyond torturous, she pushed his hands away and rolled out of the bed only for him to wrap his arms around her and pull her back, underneath him.

She gave him a pleading look, gasping for air. "Not again. Everyone's asleep."

"The rooms are soundproof." He smirked.

"Atharva..." She whined painfully, feeling warm and exhausted. "Let me go or else I-I..."

"What?"

"Or else I-I will do this!" she finished the sentence lamely, making him stare at her in puzzlement. She did the only thing her mind told her to do. She slid her palms into his T-shirt and tickled his back and stomach. He stilled when her fingers touched his scars. He didn't know what happened but he felt his muscles ripple and Urvashi's face flashed in front of his eyes. Fear crept his senses and unaware, Aahana laughed at him until she heard him breathe heavily, his eyes clenched shut.

She stopped and sat up to look at his face. His face held pain and fear and he was sweating profusely. "Please..." He whimpered. "Urvashi no..."

Her eyes widened when she realised he was reliving his past. Afraid, she shook his shoulder only for him to flinch and scoot away.

"Hey, listen to me," she called out softly. "Everything is okay, Atharva. You're okay."

He didn't listen at first, but when she repeated the same words again and again, his eyes pried open and he let out a shaky breath.

"I'm so sorry," Aahana mumbled hesitantly as she poured a glass of water for him and pressed it to his lips. He gulped down the water in one go like a starved animal which made Aahana sigh in relief.

"You okay?"

He didn't answer. He turned away from her and got out of the bed. Grabbing a towel, he went to the washroom, leaving her gobsmacked and guilty.

Aahana sat on the bed, dishevelled and worried as she heard the shower run. Minutes passed into an hour and he didn't come out. She knocked on the door, yelled his name but there was no answer.

The door opened and he came out with puffy and red eyes. She waited for him to say something, anything but when he didn't, she placed her hand on his shoulder and sat him on the bed. She took the towel from his grasp and rubbed his hair with it. "It's okay." She told him gently. She really didn't mind. She may not know how he felt, but his emotions were very much her own.

He grabbed her waist and buried his face in her stomach. "I'm really sorry Aahana. I wish I was perfect but I'm not-"

"Hush!" she interrupted him and lifted his face to look into her eyes. She touched his jaw lightly and he leaned into her. "You are more than perfect. And I don't want anyone else but you."

"I-I can't do this to you."

"When I told you, I'm ready to give you forever, I wasn't bluffing. I meant it. I mean it."

At that moment, he felt his broken pieces shatter and unite again, the gaps filled with more warmth and more love. This time it was too strong to be broken again. He may not be perfect but he was going to try and be her perfection. He may take time, more than necessary but he was ready to give her the forever she always wanted.

"I love you." He heard himself utter faintly.

Even though he said this every day, she still felt like she was hearing him for the first time. Her heart raced wildly in her chest and she felt blood rush to her cheeks. A warm smile spread on her lips and she embraced him tightly, planting a kiss on his forehead.

"I love you more."

Don't forget to vote and comment. ❤