three

"I hope you're fine with the temperature

"I hope you're fine with the temperature."

The girl nodded. "It's nice. I like it."

Newt let out a tight-lipped smile before turning to leave.

"Wait."

Newt turned around. "Yes?"

"What's your name?" the girl asked.

"Oh - uh - Newt Scamander. What about you?"

"Trinity," she responded.

"Just Trinity?" Newt asked.

"Yes." Trinity fidgeted.

Newt smiled awkwardly, noticing her uneasiness. "It's a beautiful name." After realizing what he said, Newt blushed. "Oh, I - I should - well, I suppose I - I'll just - I'll just go now." Newt turned around too quickly to leave, so he accidentally banged his forehead against the door.

Trinity stifled a giggle. "Are you all right?"

Newt rubbed his forehead with his hand. "Y-Yes. I'll - Merlin's beard," he whispered. "I'll be back with some fresh clothes."

Newt left, whispering about how stupid he was to himself. After getting in the bath, Trinity's fins appeared again. She hummed a tune to herself, knowing very well that if Newt heard her, he could be in danger.

Newt knocked on the door. "Trinity?"

The way Newt said her name made her shiver. She stopped humming and sat up straighter in the tub.

"Trinity? Is it all right if I come in?"

"Uh - yes," she replied, letting her curiosity of him get in the way, causing her to forget that her fins were showing.

Newt walked in with a stack of towels. His eyes nearly fell out.

"Trinity, you're a siren?"

Trinity's body sunk in the body, submerging part of her face. She nodded, frightened of what he would think. She didn't understand Muggle customs, let alone Wizarding customs. She didn't know what a Magizoologist was.

"Oh, dear. I must - I have to - Trinity, is it all right if I - well, this is hard - can I jot down some notes about you and draw your fins?"

Trinity seemed intrigued. Her head slowly came out of the water. "Okay," she replied.

"Really? Oh, this is great! I'll be a moment!"

Newt ran out the door after placing the towels down and came running back in with a notebook and pen. He cautiously approached her and once he determined she wasn't going to hurt him, he began examining the fins.

First, he touched the fins that replaced her ears. He examined them and drew them, also sorting down how they felt. Then, he went to the fins on her elbows. He did the same. Finally, he went to the fins on her leg - except he took longer on her legs.

"Your skin is much softer on your legs. Or perhaps I should say it has slime. This is quite peculiar."

Trinity watched him intensely and she also watched how his hand slid over her skin.

"Do you have scales?" Newt asked.

"No," Trinity replied.

"Your relatives are mer-folk, yet you don't have scales. This is marvelous!"

"Distant relatives," Trinity intercepted.

Newt looked up from writing to meet her eyes. "Oh - yes, of course. My mistake. Thank you for correcting me before I wrote that down."

"No trouble. My kind hates being mistaken for mer-folk," she told him.

"Is that so? Tell me more."

"Can we wait until I'm dressed?" Trinity questioned shyly.

Newt looked down at her naked body and blushed, immediately looking away. In all his excitement, he didn't even realize she was naked in a tub.

"Y-Yes, of course. I'll be going - just - yeah."

He nervously scratched his head as he left.