fourteen

Jacob entered the basement

Jacob entered the basement. He pushed open the door, staring around cautiously. He was soaked from standing in the rain, searching for Queenie after she Disapparated away from him.

"Hey, Newt?" Jacob called out.

"Um - just a moment!" Trinity shouted out.

The two were in the middle of some frisky business. As soulmates, there was a bond between the two that would never break. The bond was as powerful as magic. It made their emotions for each other heightened.

Jacob peered into the enclosure. He walked mournfully past an Augurey, then it cawed at him. He debated addressing it or finding the couple. He waved the Augurey away. "I got my own problems." Jacob continued walking around, growing frustrated by the minute. Then, he walked into a mini office. "Oh - I'm so sorry!" He quickly looked away.

Trinity was getting dressed. Her back was facing the doorway, so Jacob caught a glimpse of her bare butt by accident. Newt had more clothes on than Trinity. The only thing he was missing was his coat, while Trinity was missing a lot of clothing. Newt used his wand to make her clothes hover in the air as she grabbed them to put them on.

"I'm dressed," she said shyly.

Jacob turned around. "Right. Well, I think Queenie is in Paris. She talked about how Tina was working there, and I just know she's going to go after Tina. Can you send me there? Just do that - whoosh thing." Jacob made an awkward hand gesture while looking at Newt.

"Apparation?" Newt questioned.

"Yeah, sure, that!"

"I can't Disapparate out of London. The Ministry can track my magic trail, but I can make it to a man I know, who can take you there."

Newt pursed his lips, then sighed. He didn't mind Apparating Jacob to a portkey, but it was the fact that he was actually needed in France. Dumbledore was counting on him, but he didn't know if he wanted to get into another life-threatening situation.

Trinity tugged on his sleeve. "What's wrong, Newt?"

He looked down at her. He didn't want Trinity to get hurt. His life was too dangerous for her to be involved with. And so, he explained everything to both Jacob and Trinity.

"You'd be saving lives," Trinity whispered, touching Newt's arm.

"But you could die," Newt whispered back.

"I'd rather you save thousands of people. I don't care if I die. It's like the trolley situation. Would you rather save five strangers and kill me, or save me and kill five strangers?"

"I hate how much you know about ethics, but you didn't know what a toaster was," Newt murmured.

"We should go, Newt. There's strength in numbers, after all," Trinity retorted.

He sighed. "All right."

"I'll get my jacket," Jacob declared.

"I've got it," Newt said, pointing his wand at the ceiling.

Jacob's jacket dropped onto his arm. Then, he was blasted with warm magical air, which dried his rain-soaked clothes.

He was impressed. "Oh. Beautiful."

Newt grabbed onto Trinity and Jacob, then Disapparated.