six

Newt poured some bird seeds into a bowl and absentmindedly stared into space

Newt poured some bird seeds into a bowl and absentmindedly stared into space. He was thinking about Trinity.

He couldn't get her out of his head after that day. He had a feeling she was almost sad, but he couldn't understand why. They had just met, so there was no reason she should have been so sad. Trinity tried to act normal after the incident, simply keeping her distance and being as polite as she could. She didn't want to accidentally pounce on Newt and complete the mating ritual without his consent.

"Newt?"

Newt jumped back in surprise when her hand touched his shoulder. The bird seed bag in his hand jostled around, some falling onto the floor. Trinity recoiled her hand back, afraid that he was afraid of her touch.

"Newt, are you all right?" asked Trinity.

"Y-Yes, I'm quite all right. Thank you for asking, Trinity."

She smiled gently, trying her best not to look hurt. "You also should stop giving them that much food. They'll die from eating too much."

Then, she kissed his cheek and scurried away. She mentally smacked herself as she walked further and further away from Newt. She had just scolded herself to not pounce on him, then she went and kissed his cheek. She wanted to hang her head shading a door and see how many times it would take until she fell unconscious.

Newt looked down at the food bowl to see it overfilled with seeds dropping to the ground.

"Oh - dear!" he exclaimed.

He scurried to pick up the food that fell out of the bowl. He tilted the bowl back into the bag to get rid of some of the seeds.

"I can't keep doing this," he whispered, shaking his head. "Trinity, what in the name of Merlin are you doing to me?"

She had no idea what she was doing to Newt. She thought he was frightened of what she was - what she had been born as.