eight

Trinity let out a giggle

Trinity let out a giggle. "You're a good boy, aren't you?"

Riddle neighed and nudged her hand. Her hand swung a little. Trinity giggled and handed him more food.

"I think that's enough for today."

Trinity clapped her hands together to get rid of any dust and residue of the food. Riddle neighed and nudged her cheek.

"If you eat anymore, you'll gain weight. You have to keep pretty for all the women," advised Trinity.

Riddle rolled his eyes, but listened to her anyway. He plopped down in the floor with a pout.

"I'm sorry, Riddle."

Suddenly, Riddle's head picked up.

"Riddle?" Trinity asked.

He snorted angrily, not liking the new scent that came through the case.

"Riddle, what wrong?"

Riddle nudged Trinity toward Newt's cottage in the case.

"You want me to go to Newt's cottage?"

He nodded.

"All right, then."

Newt heard a knock. He looked up to the door of his case and cautiously opened the door to the outside.

"Tina?"

She sucked in a breath. "Hi, Newt. Can I come in?"

"Oh - yes, of course."

Newt stepped aside and let Tina climb in.

"What are you doing here?"

"I just - well, it's been almost a year already, and Queenie opened my eyes."

Newt was confused. "I - I'm sorry. I don't quite understand, still."

"I... I miss you, Newt!" she declared.

Newt seemed surprised. "You do?"

"Y-Yeah, and there's something that I should've done a long time ago."

Newt's eyebrows furrowed in. "And what would that be?"

Tina sucked in a deep breath. "This."

Then, she kissed him. Newt's eyes widened and he didn't know how to react. Newt didn't kiss back, but he didn't push Tina away. A choked sob rang through Newt's ears.

"Newt?"

Newt and Tina broke away from each other to see Trinity's glassy eyes with her hand over her mouth.

"I think I'm gonna be sick," Trinity murmured.

"Wait, Trinity!" Newt called out.

She ran out of his cottage to go back to Riddle. She patted his head as she tried to hold back the tears.

"I can't believe I ever loved him," she cried.

"Trinity, please." Newt tried to touch her shoulder, but Riddle angrily neighed at him.

Newt stared at Riddle in disbelief. "Riddle, please," he begged.

Riddle snorted and blocked Newt's view of the siren. Tina hid behind Newt and stared at the sobbing girl.

"Is this your girlfriend?" Tina asked, scared of what the answer may be.

"No," Trinity spoke up. "No, I'm not his girlfriend."

Trinity made a move to walk to Newt's shed where there was another exit there.

"Wait, no, Trinity!"

"I can't believe I thought you could ever love me as your soulmate!" she yelled. "Riddle," she whispered.

Riddle listened to her and stepped in front of her. Newt looked up at the Kelpie with a pleading face. The Kelpie disobeyed him and listened to the siren instead.