five

Newt walked into his room one night to find Trinity peacefully sleeping in his bed, wearing nothing but his white button-up that was almost see-through

Newt slowly reached out to her, but drew his hand back. He took an extra blanket from the closet and spread it out on the floor. He grabbed a pillow and fluffed it up some more before resting his head down. Before closing his eyes to try and sleep, Newt stared at the back of Trinity's head.

"Good night," he whispered before closing his eyes and falling asleep.

Trinity slept like a baby. She liked how humans slept - without water surrounding them. It was odd, but refreshing.

Trinity's eyes slowly opened and she rubbed them. She turned around in the bed, making the bed groan underneath her weight. She saw Newt on the floor with his mouth slightly open. Trinity giggled when she noticed that he was drooling. She got out of bed and tip-toed over to Newt. Trinity sat on him and poked his chest.

"Newt?" she quietly asked. She poked his cheek this time. "Newt!"

Newt's eyes snapped open and he got up in a flash, pushing Trinity off of him by accident.

Trinity let out a small scream. "Ow," she whimpered.

Newt's eyes widened again with worry. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I am so sorry!"

Trinity shook her head after sitting back up from her fall. "It's all right, Newt. I must have scared you."

"No, I'm sorry! I shouldn't have done that!" Newt cried out.

She couldn't help but giggle. "It's okay. You didn't hurt me - that much."

Newt scratched the back of his head and sighed. He got up and tried to walk over to Trinity.

"Trinity, I am very sorry about - " Newt's sentence got cut off when his feet got tangled with the sheets around his feet. He fell right for Trinity and he pushed her down by accident.

Newt's head was laying on top of her chest. Trinity felt her heart hammer in her chest. She wasn't sure if it was from the sudden contact with Newt or because she just fell to the floor again.

They both didn't say anything. Newt had his mouth open, not knowing what to say. He clearly felt the mate bond between them, but he wasn't sure what it was because he was only human.

Their scents were clouding both of their judgements, adrenaline was pumping through their bodies. Trinity had felt a similar rush of adrenaline when she swam her first wave when she was four.

A piece of Newt's curl fell down from his kept hair. Trinity shakily reached up and tucked the piece of his curl back into place.

Almost immediately after, Newt cleared his throat and averted his eyes from her. He had gotten nervous again. Trinity's body reacted immediately and her nostrils flared. She didn't like that he was uncomfortable with her.

Newt didn't know - because Trinity never told him - but a soulmate's touch was three times as powerful than any regular lover. She was getting aroused, even though she knew she shouldn't have been.

"Newt," she whispered. "Do I scare you?"

Newt's eyes traveled up in surprise to meet her eyes. His breathing was hot and heavy, and Trinity could feel it.

"No, I simply...feel odd," he admitted.

"It's okay. We'll take it slow. I want you to be comfortable with me."

She gently pushed Newt off of her and left the cot, leaving Newt on the floor to wonder about where she came from.