Chapter 3

I'm in the middle of nowhere. I don't recognize this place, it's cold and I am barefoot. When I look down I see my reflection. The floor is ice and the sky is different shades of blue and purple.

I look up and right above me is Hydra, the largest constellation in the galaxy. I notice something unfamiliar. Hydra is commonly represented as a water snake no other constellation is as strong as it. I got a little confused to see that the mighty water snake the one I had heard so many stories about was in the grasp of another group of stars.

One star in that constellation caught my eye it was still shining.

"Annabelle....Annabelle...Annabelle" There was that voice again. It was getting louder.

I turn to see a tall figure walking towards me, she's blurry and I can't focus my eyes on her. She is just a person who seems to be calling my name in her sweet voice which brings back so many memories from my childhood.

"Who are you?" I say barely audible.

I got fragments of the same dream again but it all ended in the same place. I was waken up by my alarm clock. I snoozed for about ten times before I forced myself awake. 

"I've been talking with the psycologist your father told me about" Granny broke the silence at the the table.

Before I could say anything Granny spoke, "She says she'll take a look at you when her schedule is free"

I groaned and rolled my eyes. I wasn't in the mood to argue with her. I could only think about the dream I had. I knew what it was but I was too scared to ask Granny.

"When are we going back to Virgus?" I blurted.

Granny's eyes widened. She wanted to say something because she opened and closed her mouth a few times. In the end she said, "You're going to be late for school"

I knitted my eyebrows suspiciously, Granny gave me my bag and practically pushed me out the front door. She was trying to avoid me. I could tell.

"When do you guys have to go back?" I asked my friends in the cafeteria.

"I'll probably go back after exams" Amara said. Lyra agreed.

I looked at Tristan, he swallowed a few times then answered. "I won't go back until after graduation" he said.

"Why?" Lyra took the words right out of my mouth.

Tristan sucked in a deep breath. "Because...." he started "when I go to Capricornus I'll go to college there and I'll stay there"

I nearly choked on my food. "What?"

"But you're not eligible to take your father's place yet" Amara pointed out.

"Yeah" I agreed.

"I'm not now" Tristan confirmed. I sighed in relief. I couldn't stand the being away from Tristan, he was my best friend.

"But I will be" he added. I stared at him. "In a few years"

"But I though you were going to go to college with us?" Lyra said.

"My dad says it's better to come home and finish my education there" Tristan said.

We finished our lunch in silence. Neither of us said anything, or at least I didn't. 

"Belle, I'm sorry" Tristan whispered.

I gave him a smile, "It's okay"

I don't know why I was getting so upset. We're all going to leave someday, and I've known that since the day we met.

"Hey Belle, do you want to work on those math questions now?" Amara asked me.

"Don't you have class right now?" Lyra said.

I nodded my head. "Free period" I said.

We both stayed in the cafeteria after everyone left and spent forty five minutes trying to crack advanced algebra. "I don't get it" I muttered.

"Me neither" Amara massaged her temples.

"I give up" I raised my hands in the air.

Amara chuckled, "Belle, it's barely been ten minutes"

"Feels like it's been ten hours" I groaned. I rested my head on the table and my eyelids dropped. My head was aching and I had this weird feeling but I couldn't figure out what it was. 

"Something's bothering you" Amara noticed.

I snorted, "Well, obviously!" I pointed at the heavy books.

"No" Amara protested. "Besides that"

I reluctantly lifted my head. "Tell me" Amara demanded.

"Truth is..." I started "I don't know"

Amara raised her eyebrows. "Really?"

"Yes" I confirmed. "We should probably get back to these questions.

Amara and I gave up on math the minute the bell rang meaning it was time to get to class, free period was over.

"Granny!" I called as I slammed the door shut. I went upstairs and changed into my pajamas. There was something wrong, I felt uncomfortable. My throat felt dry and my chest ached as if there was and invisible needle piercing my heart.

I heard whispers from somewhere, I followed the sound and it lead me to Granny's bedroom. 

"Granny" I called as I knocked on the door. The door swung open as I reached to knock a second time.

"Yes Annabelle" Granny said. "What is it?"

I swallowed. Just do it, I told myself. It's okay. It won't kill you if you ask.

"Spit it out" Granny rolled her eyes.

"I feel sick" I blurted the wrong words.

She rolled her eyes and gave me a stern look.

"Then take a nap, take some medicine" Granny told. "You'll be fine"

She said that and went back downstairs.

I stayed in my room for the rest of the evening. I tried to go to sleep but my eyes refused to close. I had to talk to someone. I had to get this off my chest. I picked up my phone and dialed his number. I put the phone to my ear and waited for an answer. The bell rung for a few minutes, I was convinced that he wasn't going to pick up.