Chapter 26

I went into a trance that night. Random thoughts ran through me head, now everything made sense. That shining star in Ophiuchus, that was me because I was half Ophiuchus. I was mad at Tristan for not telling me about any of this and also I felt a tingle of happiness, I finally know the truth and I can make things right. The only question is, how?

I thought about every time I'd seen Ophiuchus in my dreams, every time I'd felt like I'd seen it somewhere. Maybe it had been a mark left on me by my mother. It had always been there, right under my nose and I hadn't even noticed. All those times I tried to talk about my mother to anyone they'd change the topic or pretend like they didn't know. The whole thing made me furious. Anger rushed through me.

I have to make things right. Another problem, I have no idea how to do that. 

Think, Belle, think.

If I'm going to do this, I have to do this on my own. I can't drag my friends into this but Tristan was already in it. I locked the door and went to sleep which came immediately. I had my first dream in weeks.

The Stars shine on the dark sky and the woods are silent, the water in the lake is still. The only light source is the stars above me. I look up and see Ophiuchus right above me, I see me reflection in the water. Same face, same straight red hair with amber eyes.

On the other side of the water, someone is waking towards me, walking on water. She's wearing a white dress and her hair is done up in braids with golden hair pins. Her arms are decorated with gold jewelry.

"Now you know the truth" her voice echoed.

I didn't say anything. For once I know this is a dream and it isn't real.

"What are you going to do about it?" she said softly.

I hesitated. "I don't know what to do"

She clicked her tongue and said politely, "You know what's right, Annabelle. You know what to do"

She is now half way to me. "No," I said "I don't know"

"Join the uprising" she said. Her warm breath touches my face.

"My family would never let me" I said.

Her expression turned stern, "Do you really believe those people are your family?" she said quietly. "The people who are your family are the ones willing to fight for the Stars" she told.

I stayed silent. "You don't belong where you are" she said "You belong with the rebels"

"How can I be sure?" I questioned.

"Because I'm telling you" she smiled. "There isn't much time, you have to leave as soon as you can"

"Who are you?" I asked.

Her expression changed, she almost looked sorry for me. "I am not who you think I am" she said.

"But you can trust me and trust me when I say that if you don't run away, you'll be trapped" she said before turning into a ball of light and vanishing.

I checked my reflection in the lake and I saw the stars reflecting on water. I looked up and intersecting Hydra was Ophiuchus. It was almost as if Hydra was trying to merge itself into Ophiuchus. I cannot let that happen, I thought. The sky lit up with a color of green and gold and I opened my eyes. I closed them when I saw it was still dark out and this time there were no dreams.

"I can't believe this" Lyra raged. We were in her bedroom and we all had just gotten our Matches.

She fell on her back and her bed caught her.