Chapter 9

The next morning was worst then the rest. Granny was still asleep and Dad had some work so he left early. This was supposed to be his days off work but still he's working. I made myself a cup of coffee but I did not have the energy to pick it up.

"Look inside it" whispered a voice behind me. I turned around in my chair to see the same women who makes an appearance in my dreams.

"What?" I said

"Look inside the cup" she said. There was silence for a moment and the figure I saw just stood there staring a me.

"Who are you?" I asked curiously. She shrugged and opened her mouth to say something. "Look inside the cup" she said in a higher voice "Hurry, there isn't much time"

I got up from my seat and grabbed the cup with my sweaty hand. The coffee inside the cup had drops of a blue and purple liquid which was rising into the air and creating a a ball of purple smoke in front of my eyes.

"What is this?" I looked at her and she stepped forward and touched her finger with the smoke and suddenly white dots appeared in it making a cluster of stars.

"What is that?" I questioned her.

"That is a constellation" she replied with a smile.

"Why are you showing this to me?" I said. Her expression turned dark and her smile faltered. The sky outside turned pitch black and the kitchen started shaking.

"Whatever you do, do not trust them" she informed with a pale face and worried eyes. "Do not trust them" she repeated in a high voice as the kitchen shoke harder. "Dont trust who?" I shouted. Now the whole kitchen was dark.

"Anyone" she said "Don't trust anyone"

Those were her last words, the ground beneath broke open and she fell inside. I let out a scream and fell to the floor. Someone was saying my name but all I could hear was the sound of my screams.

The next moment I am lying in bed. It was just a dream. My eyes were wet and my pillows were damp. Had I been crying? How could I have been crying in my sleep? This was something to tell Dr.Hope.

I slid out of bed and got dressed quickly. Granny had made pancakes today.

"I don't want pancakes" I complained "Can we have something else?"

"I already made pancakes" Granny said. I'll have pancakes then.

"Annabelle, I was thinking" Granny started "We should go shopping for dresses"

I almost choked on my food. "What?" I said in between bites.
"For the Kingdom Banquet" Granny pointed out. "It goes on three nights for six weeks, I am sure everyone will be getting a new dress for each night"

Granny and I never go shopping together. And how many dresses am I going to buy anyway?

"One dress for each night?" I said shockingly "That's like...." I started doing the math in my head but Granny answered for me. "That is a total of eighteen dresses"

"Who would buy eighteen dresses?" I said irritated "I mean, I want to go but..." 

Granny cut me off "Don't be silly" she scolded "You have to make a good impression and you absolutely cannot repeat clothes" Granny had a point.

''Okay, fine" I agreed "When do we leave?"

"After breakfast?" Granny suggested.

"Yeah, okay" I replied.

After breakfast Granny and I drove to the shopping mall, which I find boring. Granny bought a few dresses for herself which were plain, silky and dull. Then we walked over to other shops to get a tuxedo for Dad. Then came my turn, the gowns Granny showed me were heavy, long and had a lot of jewels embroidered on them. I tried almost thirty dresses, which were hard to breathe in.