Chapter 13

"So everyone thinks it's your fault?" Tristan asked as he spun me around. We were at the third night of the Kingdom Banquet. I kept tripping on my purple gown and I was afraid that I might step on his Tristan's toes with my pointy shoes.

"Yeah" I replied.

"Don't feel so bad" Tristan said.

"But I do. I feel embarrassed"

"Why?" he said "Because you did something amazing?"

"Yes" I replied. Tristan always tries to make me fell better but I don't think that's going to work this time.

"How did you do that?" he asked nervously.

"I don't know. I must have been feeling strong emotions and I did that" I said.

"You were just talking with me" he pointed out.

I turned pink "Maybe you...make me feel things..." I hesitated "Good things"

The song ended and Tristan's little sister started crying so Tristan went to cheer her up and Granny came over to me.

"Come on" she said.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"The king is about to make a speech"

I rolled my eyes at that. My plan was to sleep through it. Granny and I sat down at a table close to the thrones. I sipped on a fizzy drink while everyone gathered around.

"Good evening everyone" King Jaxon greeted "Thank you for coming"

Not that we had a choice, I thought but didn't dare say it out loud.

"As you all know that the Kingdom Banquet is a way for the prince to find a bride. It is our tradition"

Yes, we know can you speed this up so I can go home. I thought.

"But traditions can change, because our kingdom is growing weak and the Hydras cannot do this alone we need the help of the only other constellation we know that is powerful enough...." he continued. I took another sip of my drink.

"...Virgo" the King said at last. I nearly threw up. Granny put her shaking hand on my arm and she was beaming with pride. I could see Dad looking smug emerging from the crowd.

All eyes fell on the three of us.

"And that is why I am presenting my eldest son, Prince Alec...." Prince Alec stepped forward so he was in the center of the room.

King Jaxon continued "To the only daughter of Virgo I know, Annabelle Virgo"

This time I really spit out my drink, it flew out of my mouth and landed in my glass.

King Jaxon didn't seem to notice "In an arranged marriage"

I looked at Granny she looked at me with pride. I felt was going to pass out. Is this some sort of sick joke? I needed someone to pinch me so I would know that I was not dreaming.

"Annabelle" Dad was now sitting next to me "Do you accept?"

A million thoughts ran through my head, the fact that every girl would hate me and also the fact that my best friend, Lyra would hate me because she likes the prince and now I'm being forced to marry him. A little part of me whispered, what about Tristan? All those emotions came rushing at me and I did it again. The star stone around my neck started to burn my skin like the fire of hell and so did Granny and Dad's because they broke of the chains around their necks. I could barely move.

I lit up Virgo and Ophiuchus and the light could have blinded everyone and it could have broken the windows. I tried to calm down but it took several minutes for that. The curtains were now covering the windows and my chest was burnt, I yanked out my necklace from under my dress and stared at the stone. It was hot with anger just like the constellations I lit up and just like me.