Chapter 29

Dad was in a deep conversation with the king. Granny was talking to the queen and I was having a panic attack but managed to hide it. Every time I took a bite of my food I thought I might choke, I took a sip of my tea and thought I might spit it out, whenever someone looked at me I thought I would babble. The thing that bothered me the most was the pain in my chest, it felt heavy and my heart raced. It's just because I'm nervous, I told myself. What else would it be?

I had gotten through my eggs and toast without making eye contact with anyone or getting involved in a conversation. When someone started talking I feared that they would say something to me and I'd be completely blank. I sipped of tea and  and the it nearly slipped from my hand because I just felt a shock. Thank Virgo that no one noticed. I rubbed the spot where it hurt, I tried to slow down my breathing because Granny was now staring daggers at me.

"Mother, when is Alec getting married then?" Princess Lydia asked. Queen Sophie glared at her daughter, suddenly the stones in Lydia's collar bones lit up. How can that not kill her? Unless the stones are from her constellation their deadly for her. The stones would end her life in seconds but they don't, then they must be from hydra or Serpens. Still it's painful to watch them inside of her.

"We will find out soon" the queen answered, looking at me.

Granny fixed me with a stare, as does Dad. Prince Keegan smiles wickedly. The king looks satisfied, as if my misery brings him joy. I glance at Prince Alec and he looks at me with disgust, he loathes me. He wears his hatred like a cruel second skin. He doesn't want this but he can't say no. He wants me to refuse so I can suffer.  I know what to say I just don't know how. After the servants have cleared the table, we all walked out of the dining hall. Everyone walked there in silence. Everyone except me and my grandmother.

"Annabelle," Granny whispers. I stepped beside her, "Just say yes" she said softly.

I knitted my eyebrows, "What?"

"Say. Yes" Granny said through gritted teeth.

"The king is going to ask you if you want to be a Hydra or not" Granny informed. "And you have to say yes"

I simply nodded my head. "Why is he asking me that?" I whispered to Granny.

Granny rolled her eyes and huffed. "The king will ask you because that will finalize your decision"

The thrones are empty, none of us have taken our seats yet. I try not to shiver. It's just from the cold. It's just from the cold, I told myself.

"We need to discuss the wedding arrangements, father" Prince Alec says to the king.

"That can only be if Antonio's daughter will make the right decision" King Jaxon says.

He's making me feel stupid like this. Did they practice what to say, just to make me feel like this?

"Don't worry she will" Granny confirms.

"Her time is up" Queen Sophie says.

"Annabelle," King Jaxon calls. "Are you willing to be a Hydra or not?"

Granny grabs my hand and squeezes it. Her fingers wrap around my hands and she's digging her fingernails into my flesh. This is it. It's terrible fate either way. My mouth felt dry despite all the liquids I had. I feel my breakfast up my throat, I might throw up like I did this morning.

"Is she going to answer or not?" Prince Keegan muttered under his breath. That irritated me. The way he looked at me irritated me.

"She's just nervous" Granny tried to cover up for me.

"It's simple answer" the princess said in a sweet voice. Why can't I talk? I think to myself.

"She'll do it" Granny almost shouts. She sounds absurd.