Chapter 10

"Who are you going with again?" Granny asked at dinner.

The Kingdom Banquet was tomorrow and Lyra had invited me to go to the salon with her and Amara.

"With my friends" I replied. To be honest, I wasn't excited about going at all. The past week Granny had taught me how to walk in heels and that had given me bruises on my ankles. Everyone at school was staring at me when I would walk the halls with a limp. Tristan avoided me all week and whenever I called his house his mom just said that he was "busy".

Granny gave me a ride to the salon and before I told her she could leave she explained to me what to do and what not to do but I just stared at the Stars. Virgo was looking really good and really bored because no one had moved the stars around for a while.

"Now remember don't dye your hair a weird color but get a blowout" Granny explained "and also paint your nails in a natural color not something inappropriate and funky"

"Yes, I'll try to remember that" I sighed "Can I go now?"

"Maybe I should come with you" Granny ignored me "I don't trust you or those friends of yours"

I opened my mouth to protest but Granny cut me off "I mean Lyra is sweet but she has a bit of an attitude and Amara, don't even get me started on her. Playing video games and sleeping for four hours a day, doesn't she have anything better to do?"

"Bye" I said and away immediately after Granny was done. Now she had a problem with my friends.

I met Lyra and Amara outside the salon but they were having an arguement. "....I don't care what my mom said, I am not wearing heels tomorrow" Amara said

"You have to wear heels with a dress" Lyra protested "What are you going to do? Wear sneakers?"

One thing I knew about Amara is that she hated wearing uncomfortable clothing, it surprised me how she agreed to have a spa day with me and Lyra.

"But the dresses are long you can't even see the shoes" Amara said.

"That's what I said to my grandmother but obviously she wouldn't listen"

"But she needs to look tall" Lyra argued.

"Fine!" Amara bellowed "I will wear uncomfortable shoes for one night to make you stop talking"

"Actually it's three nights for six weeks" Lyra informed.

"Don't remind me" Amara and I said in unison. Amara pushed open the doors of the building and walked inside.

"Never mess with an Aries" Lyra said

"You're realizing this now?" I asked and we both laughed our way inside. We weren't the only ones there. Almost every girl fro school was there and the whole building was crowded.

Lyra saw the worried look on my face and she said "Don't worry, I already scheduled our appointment. They'll take us in five minutes"

"That's a relief" Amara said.

The floor was covered with hair, the smell made me nauseous and it was extremely hot so I had to take of my coat and sweater.

A girl with dark hair and white skin lead us into a room and fitted the three of us into robes and towels. Then we got face masks and they put cucumbers on our eyes which Amara fussed about but Lyra calmed her down. After exactly fifteen minutes we peeled off our face masks.

"My face is glowing" Lyra said

"My face is oily" Amara complained

"Just rub the oil on your skin" Lyra informed "You act like you've never done a face mask before"