Chapter 15

School was okay for the next few days. I was sure I was passing all my exams and I had my friends with me. The only bad thing was that every time I walked down the hallway and all the girls whispered to each other in class.

One day when I came home and surprisingly Dad was there. He said that I had an appointment with Dr. Hope.

I said I didn't want to go but did he listen? No. I ate my sandwich slowly and took a shower and washed my hair properly so it would take a lot of time and hopefully it would get late and I wouldn't have to go. But Dad insisted that I go anyway. I even said I have to study but as usual he didn't care.

Dr. Hope was the worst. She had no idea what was wrong with me and I was forced to go visit her every week. I was scheduled to go on Friday's only but since the Kingdom Banquet Dad changed it to Thursday but now that the Kingdom Banquet was over we were back on Friday.

Most of the time I was there she kept talking and I was pretending to pay attention.

"Do you even know what's wrong with me?" I snapped.

"Annabelle" she said "You have to forget your past"

"Why?" I asked "It's not like my past was sad or..." I stopped. My past was sad. I lost mu mother.

"That is not what I meant" she said "When someone dies they live in the stars and they watch over us and sometimes it's hard to forget about them because they're close to us"

"What's so bad about that?" I asked.

"Because you start having nightmares about them." she said.

"Oh"

We've been going on with this for weeks and all I had to do was let go of everything.

"That's a lot easier said then done" I muttered.

"I know" she said "But that's all you have to do. That's the only advice I can give you"

We talked a little more and then Dad came to get me. Dr. Hope talked to Dad for over an hour.

Granny was in my room when I got home and she was rummaging around in my closet pulling out different dresses to see which one I could wear tomorrow to the palace. Tomorrow was my engagement with prince Alec.

I was going to refuse so I kept a calm face in front of Dad and Granny. "Do you think this one looks good on you?" Granny asked holding up a cream colored dress that had a medium length and had a square neckline.

"I don't think so" I said.

"What about the blue one?" Granny suggested.

"Yeah, I like the blue one better"

"Okay then" Granny said "You can clean up your room"

"Yes, I will"

Granny left and I started cleaning the mess that Granny made in my room. I folded all my clothes and kept them neatly in my closet, I almost threw away all the heels but decided not to. Only one more night and all the uncomfortable footwear will be gone forever.

I ate dinner in my room while I studied. I tried to avoid sleep as long as I could because I didn't want to have any nightmares but I fell asleep and the dreams were not good.

I'm walking on the sky, it's like the floor beneath me is invisible and there are stars everywhere. I'm guessing this is space. I try moving but it's hard so I just stand there. I can see different constellations covering the sky.

"Don't forget" said a women's voice. The words echoed.

"Don't let go of your past" it said "Your past will help you in the future"

I wanted to talk back but my mouth felt dry and I couldn't open my mouth. I couldn't even move, it's like I had no control over my body.

The dream ended and I woke up. It was the middle of the night. I kept my eyes closed.

Your past will help you in your future. What is that supposed to mean. I was supposed to forget my past but these dreams weren't helping with that. I fell asleep again to see if I'd have the dream again and figure out what it means but this time my dreams ignored me.