Chapter 28

I decided to help Amara and Lyra get ready for college. I spent my days at the bookstore with Amara and shopping for a new wardrobe with Lyra. I couldn't even look at Tristan without having a break down, but I think he'll be fine with Lewis helping him.

One evening Lyra convinced me to go and talk to Tristan. She and Amara were at my house and they were ready to drag me to Tristan.

"What am I supposed to say?" I said harshly.

"Calm down" Amara told.

"Yeah," Lyra agreed. "Your inner Virgo is showing" she observed.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"What do you mean by 'inner Virgo'?" Amara took the words tight out of my mouth.

"I am a Virgo, what do you mean by 'inner Virgo'?" I repeated.

"Well...." she hesitated "We're all two constellations so.....don't you feel tied between both of them. Like their fighting over each other?"

I reflected Amara's expression, she looked confused and amazed. It was hard to tell.

"No" Amara replied slowly.

"Same here" I said.

"Really?" Lyra asked. Amara and I nodded 'yes'. "But Belle, your half Virgo and half Ophiuchus. Aren't you harsh and judgmental one time and the next....well what's an Ophiuchus like?" Lyra breathed.

"I have no idea" I said. Lyra seemed disappointed.

"Are you okay?" Amara asked Lyra. She crossed her arms across her chest.

"Anyway," I started "back to Tristan"

I cursed myself for bringing that up. I cannot talk to him or look at him, he is leaving for.....who knows how long?

"You have to say goodbye to him" Lyra demanded.

"Stop talking so loudly" Granny yelled from downstairs.

"He isn't leaving tomorrow. I have time" I insisted.

"I hate this" Amara said.

"Everyone hates this but....." Lyra began, her voice was shaking "we have to do this. We have to continue our lives"

"I guess" Amara shrugged.

"Thanks for your help, Belle" Lyra smiled.

"Thank you" Amara grinned.

"No problem" I hear myself say. Then the most random thought hits me. "Lyra, can I ask you something?"

"You just did" Amara pointed out.

"Go ahead" Lyra gestured for me to talk.

"Did you ever like Prince Alec?" I asked. Lyra's face flushed red, her eyeballs nearly popped out.

"Why would you asked me that?" Lyra said.

"Just asking" I told.

"Look," Lyra sighed. "I know it may have looked like that but I was just as shocked as everyone else"

"So, you never liked him?" Amara asked in disbelief.

"No" Lyra confessed. "And now I hate him because he's marrying a person he doesn't deserve"

"What is that supposed to mean?" I huffed.

Lyra swallowed. "Oh you know....." she hesitated "You don't know how he'll turn out to be like. I mean, you don't know him....at all"

"Yeah but...." I took a breath "I'm gonna make the best of it and try to be happy"

My heart sunk as I said that. The words floated in the air, they echoed in my head.