Chapter 21

Lyra and Amara came over my house over the next few days to study or pick out our dresses for graduation, which was in three days. I never answered the door, Granny just told them I was busy with stuff and now I'm not going to have time for friends. That made me even more mad at her. But I couldn't do anything about that, I just locked myself in my room and cried or I was passed out from crying.

I skipped school the next few days. I really shouldn't have done that, the guilt of missing so many classes was another thing aching in my chest but it was okay because Lyra, Tristan, Amara and Lewis showed up at my house and they didn't bother to listen to Granny when she started talking about how I was busy and under pressure. They pushed past my grandmother and rushed up to my room. I could hear their footsteps as they climbed the stairs and I could also hear Granny shouting at them because they bought their dirty shoes inside the house.

I covered myself with blankets and pretended to be asleep the minute they burst through my doors.

"Belle, wake up" Tristan demanded.

"Oh, don't be fooled" Lyra sounded irritated. "She's not even asleep" she added.

"Belle, get out of bed" Amara almost yelled.

"Do you guys always wake into people's homes like this?" Lewis questioned.

"Shut up" Lyra told.

"Belle, why didn't you come to school today?" Tristan asked gently.

"She's busy with her new life now" Lyra said.

That hurt. "What is that supposed to mean?" I yelled from under the covers.

"Annabelle...." my real name sounded weird in her mouth. She continued "I can understand how hard it is....being...you...but you can't shut yourself out" She said that with disgust.

"Yes I can" I insisted "What do you think I'm doing now?"

"Being self absorbed" Lyra muttered. That made me get up.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Belle, I'm sorry if this sounds rude but for the past few months all we have ever done is talk about you" she admitted.

"Lyra" Amara elbowed her.

"It's getting hot in here" Lewis muttered.

"Not helping" Tristan said.

"And all you do is get mad at us for what happens to you. I mean, for stars' sake can you at least try to live a normal life and pretend that your not crazy?" Lyra added.

"I do try" I started "But it never works and I didn't ask you to help me it's something that you offered to do"

"I did help" Lyra said.

"And I shut myself out because I didn't want to bother you guys anymore and I knew you would get tired of me" I breathed it all out.

"What are you guys doing up there?" Granny shouted from downstairs.

"Nothing Mrs. Virgo" Lewis yelled back.

"Close the door" I said and Lewis did.

"This is a bad time to ask but, when are you getting married?" Lewis asked. I threw a pillow at him and Amara punched him for me.

"Lyra, can I ask you something?" I said.

"You just did" Lewis pointed out.

"Can someone slap him for me?" I asked.

"I volunteer" Amara offered raising her hand.

"No" Lewis groaned. Amara slapped him on the back.