CHAPTER-53

A wave of happiness passed through everyone but it faded as the steps of my mate were approaching me. I blinked in fear. Before I could sense the vicinity of his wrath, Ashley came and hugged me. Goddess! At least a moment more I got. . .

"I am so. . . happy that you came into my life, Faith. You are an angel, who was meant to save me from demons. I am so grateful to you. Just so. . . so much grateful to ya." She cried in happiness. I held her while she was sobbing with happiness rolling down her eyes.

I smiled at the victory I achieved that day. I went through a hell of a ride to be the woman I am today. I was proud that the tough endeavors I went lifted me high up. As soon as, Ashley let herself loose everyone, crowded me.

Congratulations!

You an amateur but you did great, huh!

Please take my case. . .

One kind of a woman you are!

You are so brave, lady. . .

You showed the truth! You are the best. . .

The whole courtroom was filled with my greetings of victory but my heart was burning with anger which, my heart, was with my mate.

Toni came and let out a hug. "Congratulations!" she said in a sing-song way. I chuckled at her childish behavior.

Eris came and hugged me from behind. "I am so happy for you but why didn't you tell me about this Robyn Bairstow thingy, huh?"

"It was. . . you are are choking me to death." I whispered, smothering.

"Oops!" They said in unison.

I sighed. "I am sorry. I know you wouldn't ever allow me to. . ." I looked behind her shoulder to find Eddie nowhere but Judge Eugene Daniel was approaching. I frowned.

"What?!" Eris asked while Judge Daniel came and stood beside Toni.

"You did very great, Attorney Hudson. Your bravery should be indeed applauded."

I smiled. "Thank you," I said politely. I then realized he has beautiful deep green eyes and he looked like a God, himself. Yes, true to Toni's words, he was worth to drool.

"President Hendrickson, your highness." he greeted and bowed.

"My lord, Honourable Eugene Daniel." Toni greeted as well and bowed.

"Would you do the honours to spend an evening with me?" he asked. I awed by his invitation. It was so formal and royal.

"I'd be pleased," Toni said.

"Well then, this weekend," he said looking as lost as a puppy, in her eyes.

She nodded.

"Congrats, once again, Attorney Hudson," he said and left us in sheer enthusiasm.

"OH MY GODDESS. . . FUCK!!! Did he just ask me for a goddamn date?!?" Toni squealed in joy. Her happiness was radiating all through us. She hopped like a kid. I chuckled.

We decided to set foot outside, then. I saw our SUVs standing right aside the staircase. Eddie was standing outside the car. Many were congratulating him. He was smiling but it didn't reach his eyes at all. My heart sank at his sight. It felt like an eternity, we haven't met each other.

His eyes caught mine. By breath hicked. At his mere sight, my knees were all water and wobbly. His penetrating gaze and the married eyebrows just stirred a synapse in my core. But my heart was on a lost island.