Chapter Six

Ryan POV

"So, you're going to take that big step and marry her?" My dad asks and I nod my head with a big smile as Xavier scoffs. "I don't see why you're encouraging this, father. She's my soulmate," Xavier speaks harshly as we took our usual path through the woods. "Well, Xavier if you would have went to the library with your brother that day you would have known she was your mate. This world works in mysterious ways, we may not be humans, but we still live in their world," my dad tells Xavier without a change to his attitude.

"I didn't think he would find the most gorgeous girl in the world. Besides, he only went to learn about astrology. Stars aren't my thing," Xavier tells dad and I roll my eyes. Every wolf knows that when you're invited to go somewhere to go because you can always come back with the most valuable possession. A mate.

My heart began to drop. I honestly thought that Summer would be my second chance. "Ryan, did you know that this girl was Xavier's mate?" my dad asks me and I shake my head furiously. "Of course not," I answer him with true words and Dad nods with a smug look on his face.

"What attracted you to her?" Dad asks me and I look away from his face and towards the view of the trees. Just picturing Summer sitting down at the mahogany table with her legs crossed. She was twirling her hair as her mouth mumbled the words of the book. She was so engrossed in it and it was the most adorable thing I ever seen.

"She was truly radiant with her glasses and hair. She read the book out loud, but softly -- to herself. When I saw her my heart already stopped, but then my wolf stirred. I felt a pull towards her and so, here we are," I tell them.

"Good to know you're in love," my dad laughs and pats my back as a way of support. I chuckle. "Yeah... Dad, can you go back to the house to make sure mom didn't kill my fiancee?" I ask my father. The look in his eyes had already told me he knew I just wanted to talk to Xavier privately. "Sure, also, if you guys decide to throw a gender reveal party. Your mother and I will be glad to host it," my dad tells me before turning around, allowing Xavier and I to continue on down the path.

"Listen man, I know you think I planned this but I didn't. It just happened and I would really love my brothers support on --"

"One chance."

Xavier cuts me off and I look to him as he stared at him. "I know she's your fiancee and y'all in a puppy love right now, but I need to know if I have a chance. Give me a day with her," Xavier tells me and I glare at him. He won't give this up. He won't accept the fact that Summer is mine and will always be mine. "So, you're going to try and pursue my pregnant fiancee to see if you have a chance with her?" I ask him and sarcastically chuckle.

"You didn't act like this the first time," Xavier sneers and I roll my eyes. "Because I have been thinking. I'm not going to sit in the back anymore and let you have your way. This is my future wife and she is pregnant with my kids. I can't let you take the love of my life away from me." We stared at each other. Hatred in his eyes and I was ashamed I have to call him my brother. Family shouldn't act like this. "I hope you know what this means... you better keep Summer away from me because I'm going to try no matter what," Xavier snarls.

"All you're going to do is make her uncomfortable with your advances. She doesn't even know about werewolves, hell, I'm sure your mate bond is broken anyway," I snap.

Xavier chuckles, a knowing look in his eyes. I scoff. What does he know about this situation that I don't? We eyes each other down looking for another argument to happen.

"Just so you know, mom is on my side and she will convince Summer to get with me and stay far away from you," Xavier huffs triumphantly.

"News flash! She's my fiancée and pregnant with my twins, you can't just take her away from me," I sarcastically tell him.

"We'll see about that."

Xavier turned around and made his way back to the pack house and I half-heartedly did the same.