Chapter Eight

Xavier POV

My wolf sat under their window. He listened to their laughs and giggles as they continued on with their day. My guess was that they were getting ready to go out and buy a few things for the gender reveal they began to plan yesterday.

My heart saddened knowing I'll never have a chance with Summer. My wolf let out a slight growl and I agree, I should have went with Ryan to the library that day, but I went to the beach instead.

I always expected my mate to be a party girl. Plus, it was spring break and all the teenagers were at the beach in Miami. So, why wouldn't she be? I followed the crowd. I should've went against it. If I had left with my brother to the library, Summer and I would probably already be married, mated, and she would probably would be pregnant with our fifth child.

I wish I could go back to that day.

The movement in the house caused my wolf to stir. He stood and crept to the front of the house where Ryan was jogging off to his car and Summer was calling out to him.

"Don't forget when you order the cake that it should be marble!" She yelled.

"I know what cake you like, doll," Ryan winks at her as he climbed into the car.

Summer only giggles as she steps back into the house and Ryan drives off down the street. Now is my chance!

Rushing back to the woods, I shift and place on my clothes. I was going to talk to her and get Summer to fall in love with me. She will be mine.

Jogging around the house, I step up to the door and knock. Summer swiftly opened the door and her eyes widen in shock at seeing my face.

"Hey," I grin.

She smiles at me, so soft and beautiful. I just wanted to step up to her and kiss those lips. They were so plump and kissable.

"Hey Xavier, here for Ryan?" Summer asks me.

"No, actually I'm here for you. I wanted to get to know you a little more," I make up a quick lie.

Her smile grew wider and I was ready to swoon. If I could just stare at her all day, that would be bliss.

Summer invites me and I follow behind her. Closing the locking the door behind me as we make our way into the living room. We take a seat on the couch and she takes a look at me.

"How have you been? I know my family did a number on you when you met them," I ask her.

She huffs, clutching on to her stomach. I look down at her stomach in a slight hatred. Those should be my pups.

"It was hectic at first, but I'm happy we were able to get along at the end of the day... but can you answer a question for me?" Summer asks.

I raise an eyebrow at her as she gives me a shy smile.

"Why were you crying?" Summer asks and my jaw hung. "You saw those tears?" I ask her and she nods her head. "Dealing with a secret keeping guy like your brother, I have to notice all the small things. How his hands fidget when he keeps a secret and when he's angry he doesn't speak, but slams things around," She tells me and I nod. I hope our conversation could go on without her mentioning my brother every couple of minutes. "I was just jealous that he gets a beautiful girl like you," I tell her and she blushes.

"Thank you," she mumbles as she tries to hide expression by looking elsewhere. I chuckle at her adorableness before changing the topic. "Were you in school when my brother met you?" I ask her and she shakes her head. "I graduated early, I -- uh -- I dropped out of school and got my credits online," Summer tells me. "You must be really smart," I tell her and she giggles. "Not that smart, the other day I was asking myself what language do Italians speak?" I face palm for her and she laughs.

"Yeah, just because I graduated early doesn't make me a valedictorian," she laughs at herself. I joined her for a minute and once we sobered up, Summer continued on with her questions.

"So, you guys lived up here all of your lives?" Summer asks me and I nod my head. "Of course we did, we love it up here. Y'know that day my brother met up with you was our spring break... well mine and the entire family planned a trip to Miami and I couldn't believe that for the first day all he wanted to do was read books. Guess I was a fool," I chuckle and Summer shakes her head.

"You are no fool." I gaze at her as my heart flutters. She really has me in her hands and it such a shame she doesn't know that yet. She's so sweet and precious I just want to protect her at all costs.

I wonder why her family isn't here as well.

"What does your family have to say about all of this?" I ask her and she clears her throat as her eyes gloss over.

"There's a reason the gender party is being held here... after going through the abusive drama with my ex my family did not like that I was dating an older man. They slut shamed me to no end and kicked me out without even letting me grab my things." Summer rested into her seat with a sad look on her face.

I grab her hand allowing tingles to explode between us. Summer relax to my touch and gazed up at me. I could see her crush on me growing more and more, but soon her smile dropped and she moved away.

I recoiled though I just wanted to pull her close and hold her in my arms. We sat in a silence. Neither of us speaking about anything.

If my arms were around her I know she would start to fall in love with me. She'd slip away from Ryan and be with me. I'd keep her safe like a mate is supposed to do.

Summer topples over in pain and I fall to me knees in front of her scared that the babies were going to make their way into the world. I place my hand her stomach as she groans out in pain.

"Is it time?" I ask her.

She shakes her head, "no... I hope not."

"When is your due date?" I ask her.

"I got two more months, but I don't think they want to wait that long," Summer lets out a strained chuckle.

I could feel the twins kick in a frenzy at my touch. I should expect this seeing as they're not mine, but I know that my touch can calm Summer down.

The door opens and in walks Ryan with cake and ice cream in his hands. Worry sweeps over his face as he sits them down on the table and rushes over to Summer.

"Is it time?" He asks.

He pushed my hand off her stomach. Summer caressed his face while placing her forehead against his.

"We're fine, it's a false alarm... I feel it," Summer whispers.

Ryan calmed down and laid a kiss upon her lips. I bit my lip to stop a growl from ripping. It'll be best to let them have their time alone.

Standing up, I leave the happy couple behind me.