The Outsiders

The Coopers. The Stepfords of Riverdale. High school sweet-hearts who got married and raised three beautiful daughters, Ellie, Polly and Betty. Until Jason Blossom happened. And now we would hear from the person who was closest to him, those days leading up to his disappearance: Polly Cooper. How a casual conversation turned into an epic forbidden romance, how for reasons still murky, their respective parents tried to tear them apart. How their break-up was short lived, because Polly soon learned she was pregnant with Jason's baby. How they became secretly engaged with his grandmother's blessing and her heirloom ring, and made plans to run away together. To start a new life. And how their dreams of escape went up in flames.

"That was the last day you saw him?" Sheriff Keller asks Polly as they all sit in the Pembrooke, where Hermoine Lodge has agreed to take Polly in for a little while. Ellie for once missed all the drama, Polly was found, Jughead was questioned by Keller for the murder of Jason Blossom and FP promising to clear up his act. But now, as if all at once, Ellie was sucked back into it all again.
"At Pop's when he told me the plan." Polly replies. "That he was gonna fake his own death and then we would meet up. But before that could happen, my mom and dad sent me away."
"One of Jason's teammates said that before he ran away, Jason was dealing drugs."  Betty states.
"Making a one-time delivery. He needed -- We needed money. To get away and to start over." Polly clears up.
"So Riverdale's star football player becomes a drug mule?" Keller says.
"He went to a bar on the other side of the tracks and made a deal with some biker gang." Polly says and Ellie's heart drops, she knew she meant the Serpents and the Whyte Wyrm, before anyone said anything. Veronica shoots Ellie a look, as now everyone knows that Ellie is dating one of these 'drug dealing, biker gang' guys.
"The Serpents?" Keller asks and looks a Ellie, causing her to roll her eyes and just look to the floor.
"He got an address upstate, where he was supposed to deliver the drugs in exchange for cash."
"The drugs you found in Jason's car." The Sheriff checks and Betty nods. "Went up in flames."
"Along with everything I had left of Jason, including the ring his nana gave me, which he was keeping until..." Polly couldn't finish her sentence and started to cry.
"Okay Sheriff, I think that's enough for tonight." Hermoine stands and says. "I think Polly needs her rest."
"Yeah, well, I'll be in touch ladies." Keller says before exiting, all the teens nod.
"We're gonna get you through this okay?" Betty says comforting her sister.

"Ellie, here now." The blond hears whilst walking down the hall to see everyone in the common room. It's her mother.
"Alice, what do you want now?" Ellie sighs, stopping in front of her.
"You to come with me. And don't you dare call me Alice." She snaps and the two walk off to find Betty and Veronica.
Alice then pulls the three into a spare classroom, forcing the girls to sit.
"Sheriff Keller told us everything. How you're hiding Polly at the Pembrooke." Alice begins and Ellie just rolls her eyes, leaning back in her chair, arms crossed, her usual position.
"Better than in an insane asylum." Betty snaps.
"Actually Mrs Cooper that;s on me. I was the one who suggested that Polly stay with us." Veronica says.
"She's trying to help, unlike you and dad who want Polly to give the baby up for adoption."
"Betty, it's what's best for Polly and the baby." Alice walks back over to her youngest.
"Mom, that's not your choice." Ellie stands and walks to the front, standing in front of her mother. "Your choice is whether or not you wanna be a part of Polly's life." Alice has no reply, just looks over at Betty.
"Veronica and her mom have offered to host a baby shower."
"Well, that is hardly appropriate." Alice crosses her arms, looking at the lodge girl.
"Really?" Ellie scoffs. "Because I think it's an amazing idea. You wanna be loving and supportive, like a normal grandmother, then great. Otherwise, stay away." Ellie looks at the other two girls and they're smiling at Ellie's words, Alice looking defeated.

"Poor Moose is he okay?" Betty asks later on at Pop's. Jug just told the girls what happened to Moose when they were helping out Archie's dad.
"His name is Moose, he's fine." Jug says and the girls chuckle.
"Dude, what the hell, I've been texting you." Archie shows up at the end of the table.
"Archie, Jughead just told us what happened yesterday." Betty says
"Though I checked out at the words 'construction' and site'. Veronica jokes.
"Moose and I are going to the Southside to find those Serpents, you in?" Archie asks Jug.
"Whoah, you didn't say it was the Serpents who beat Moose up." Ellie says, her heart beating fast.
"Because we don't know that for a fact." Jug replies.
"Well it's still worth a shot if it might help my dad." Archie says, still persistent. "Ellie or Kevin's boyfriend can get us in."
"Just a word of safety, I'd leave my boyfriend out of it. He won't take to kindly to you going in their turf." Ellie speaks up.
"Get you in where?" Veronica asks.
"To some bar where the Serpents hang out. If Moose spots them, we call Sheriff Keller and get those goons arrested."
"Archie, the Serpents are dangerous." Betty warns. Jughead and Ellie share a worried look, he really doesn't want people knowing his father is a Serpent and Ellie really doesn't want the gang meeting her boyfriend in the way they're approaching this, she knows that if he's there, it won't end well. "They're drug dealers."
"What? Says who?" Jug asks.
"Polly. Remember? Trev told us that Jason was dealing drugs. It was for the Serpents." Betty gives Ellie a sorry look and the eldest Cooper just sends one back as if to say 'don't bother'.
"You heard my dad, Jughead. Clifford Blossom is trying to torpedo him. Sheriff Keller basically blew him off right in front of us. Somebody needs to do something." Archie says and starts to walk off, putting his jacket on.
"Archie going into that bar is a bad idea." Ellie stands from the booth and catches his arm before he gets to far away.
"Jug, Ellie, are you coming with me or not."
"I will." Ellie says, collecting her bag. Jughead says nothing.
"Thanks for having my back." Archie hisses at Jug and Ellie shrugs at the remaining three before leaving beside Archie.