Silent Night, Deadly Night

Used to be, in ye olden days, every December, a lord of misrule presided over the winter holidays, called, back then, the Feast of Fools.

Ellie finished adding the last of the lights to her small Christmas tree. But something felt wrong, out of place. Herself and Sweet Pea had still been sharing a trailer, Ellie has the bed and Sweet Pea has the couch. They rarely speak.
Ellie sighs but calls for Sweet Pea who is getting dressed in the bedroom. He comes out shirtless, just pyjama bottoms on, a sight that still makes Ellie's heart ache.
"Yes?" He asks, picking his coffee back up off the counter.
"Light the tree with me. I've never done it alone, I've always done it with Alice, Hal, Betty and Polly." Ellie asks, softly.
Sweet Pea chuckles slightly before walking over to where Ellie is stood, placing an arm around her waist and smiling. "Of course I will."
Ellie's face lights up and she reaches for the switch and lights come on, filling her heart with joy, Ellie has always loved Christmas time.
"Merry Christmas." Sweet Pea smiles, stealing a kiss off Ellie before she could pull away or argue. After staring at the boy in front of her for a few seconds, she returns this kiss but deeper and full of lust. This kiss leads the two onto the couch and back together.

So, Christmas was happening. Even though this year's lord of misrule was none other than the Black hood.

Later on, the freshly loved up couple head down to the Whyte Wyrm to wrap gifts for people without anything on Christmas.
Jughead arrive a little later and walks over to the two, who are sat with Toni and Fangs.
"What is all this?" Jug asks.
"It's Serpent tradition. Every year, we give back to the Southside. Toys for Tots, Meals on Wheels, kids and old folk living alone." Toni explains.
"The Hells Angels do it." Fangs adds, sellotaping a present.
"I'm always down for charitable works." He smiles before turning around to face Ellie. "Hey, have you seen my dad?"
Ellie was about to answer but as if on cue, FP comes down the stairs.
"Why aren't you at school?" He asks.
"It's a half-day before break." Jug replies.
"Well in that case, you can hold down the fort here, Jug."
"Or I could come with you guys."
"Nice try, the answer's no." FP replies.
"We do need another set of hands, boss." Tall Boy says.
"There you go. Let me pull my weight." Was all Ellie could hear before Jug's voice turned to a whisper.
"Sweet Pea, you're with us." FP calls of Ellie's partner. Ellie knows exactly what he's going to do, but neither of them would dare defy their king. Sweet Pea gives Ellie a soft kiss before heading out with FP and Tall Boy to make their 'delivery'.
This is where Ellie decides she needs to do something about her mother, and fast. When her own boyfriend is getting wrapped up in her mess, that's her cue to end it. And she knows the perfect person to partner up with.
"Jug, your trailer, now." Ellie grabs Jughead's arm before heading out of the Whyte Wyrm.
"What's so urgent?" The boy asks once the door is shut.  Ellie notices two bags full of God-knows-what on the coffee table.
"This." She points to the bags. "This, my mother, what she's doing. Now Sweet Pea is roped into it? No that draws the line for me."
"What are you saying?" Jughead joins Ellie at the kitchen table.
"We need to get rid of her, or stop her. She is going to tear the Serpents and the Southside apart. I don't care if she is my mother, I rarely see her." Ellie's mind is circling a mile-a-minute.
"Stop stressing out Ells."
"I'm not."
"Your leg is shaking, you're stressing out." Jug points out and Ellie keeps her leg still after catching herself.
"Look, I have a plan, we need to get all the young Serpents together and--." He was interrupted by a knock on the door. "Can I help you?" He says once the door has been opened.
"Jughead Jones?" A deep, male voice asks.
"Maybe."
"I'm Jack Walsh, your dad's parole officer."
"He's not home."
"Doesn't need to be. Do you mind if I come in?" The man asks
"Like I have a choice." Jug replies, letting Jack in.
"I should go, I'll call you Jug." Ellie says, not wanting to pry on possible private information that she doesn't need to know.
"Yeah, okay." Her friend replies.