A Night to Remember

Kevin sets up the camera before sitting down in front of the two best friends.
"Ellie, Jughead, thank you for meeting me before school." He begins.
"Look Kev, I know what you're gonna ask." Jughead says.
"I'm making a behind the scenes documentry following our production of Carrie the musical." Kevin explains, confirming Ellie and Jug's expectations, he hands them a script each. "We're going period, 70's glamour, like the Sissy Spacek movie. And I want you to be our videographers."
"I'm in." The teenagers say at the same time, causing Kevin to smile.

Betty: Every day I just pray, every move I make is right. Where I go, who I know.
Veronica: Will I be alone on Saturday night? I don't worry if I blow my SATs. I worry, what can I possibly do.
Cheryl: To squeeze in, pow, why not not? When will I belong? Look where I am, damn, my whole life feels wrong.
Toni: What if i do snap? Holy crap. I'd crawl out of my skin and so would you.
All: 'Cause life just doesn't begin, until you're in.
Archie: God, it's rough staying tough. Wondering what the world will say, make a plan, be a man, all this fricking crap just gets in the way.
Ethel: I go crazy, nobody cares what it does to me.
Kevin: And it's crazy, I would go out of my mind.
All: To be in it, in is it, what comes close to that. Until you've been in you ain't where it's at. 'Cause when you're out, well, life is hell, you can never win. There's no doubt that life just doesn't begin, until you're in.

Jughead and Ellie arrive at the first meetings for Carrie, to video the introductions. Fangs arrives with them, late as usual. Ellie flashes a quick smile to Sweet Pea who is sulking in the corner, simply because Ellie said she couldn't take him to McDonald's before this started.
"Okay, next, introductions." Kevin says, gesturing to Archie.
"I'm, uh, Archie. I'm playing Tommy Ross, the boy next door."
"I'm Betty. I play Sue Snell, the good girl."
"Veronica Lodge, playing mean girl Chris Hargensen."
Cheryl then stands up to make a dramatic scene, making Ellie roll her eyes. "I'm Cheryl Blossom, playing the iconic role of Carrie White." She grins proudly.
"Tone deaf." Ethel says, disguising it in a cough, earning a dirty look from Cheryl, and Ellie, as she saw this as completely unnecessary. "Who's playing your mom, Margaret White?" She asks.
The sounds of the heavy double doors fills the room along with a familiar voice. "I am." It says and in walks Alice Cooper.
"Mom." Betty says, confused.
"Wait, seriously?" Ellie asks as Alice makes herself comfortable next to Ethel Muggs.
"Settle down." Kevin turns to the redheaded girl. "Yes, it's untraditional. But to me there's nothing more amateur than age-inappropriate casting."
"I'm really looking forward to getting to know this woman, get under her skin. And of course spend some quality time with my daughters, Elizabeth and Elanor. Although I don't know why you didn't cast Ellie, she has an amazing voice." Alice says and Ellie feels her face go red.
"Mom." She says quietly, signalling her to shut up. There isn't a lot of things that Ellie is insecure about but a big insecurity of hers is her singing voice. Alice and Betty are the only ones who have ever heard it and that was by accident. The only time she sings properly is when she is home alone or in the shower, even Sweet Pea nor Jughead have ever heard her sing, not properly anyway. She knows that her voice isn't bad but ever since she auditioned for the talent show in sixth grade, and was bullied by a bunch of girls about it, she never showed off her voice again, thinking it wouldn't make her the 'hard, bad-ass' girl that she comes across to be.
Chuck walks in, making Ellie jump out of her skin. "Sorry. I thought rehearsal was in the Music Room."
Everyone starts giving each other weird looks.
"No problem. All are welcome here." Kevin says, gesturing for him to sit down.

Later on, Ellie and Jughead decide to do a one to one interview with Chuck, just out of their own curiosity.
"So, Chuck Clayton, why did you say yes to being in the musical?" Jughead asks.
"I'm trying to reform my image. And, yeah, maybe it's counter-intuitive to be playing the villain, but somebody's gotta do it. And I wanna do it right. You know, show up, put in the work, be a member of the team. And who knows, maybe then people will start to change their minds about me." Chuck explains, and the two best friends are actually impressed by his answer.