Bizarrodale

Riverdale is like Bizarro Town. Where murder, mystery and candy drugs aren't the exception, they're the norm. And you forget, sometimes, that people are still just living their lives. Doing things as ordinary as getting married.

Ellie is about to enter her and Sweet Pea's trailer when she hears voices from inside. She recognises them as Sweet Pea and Josie.
"I don't know if you've heard, but my mom is getting married. To Kevin's dad. And I wanted to know if you'll be my date to the wedding." Josie says and Ellie's blood boils with anger. But she continues to listen.
"As what? Your boyfriend? You know I can't do that because --." Sweet Pea begins.
"Because of Ellie, I know." Josie sighs.
"Look, Josie, I like you. And I would be with you but I'm engaged. Ellie has a lot going on right now, I need to be there for her. Because I do love her, a lot. And you sliding into my life whenever you don't wanna be alone, I'm not built that way. Maybe that makes me needy, but I just, I gotta get off this merry-go-round with you, for my sake and Ellie's." Sweet Pea says and Ellie doesn't quite know how to interpret the conversation. She decides to walk in at this moment. Both Josie and Sweet Pea look like they've just just seen a ghost.
"What's going on?" Ellie asks, leaning against the door after she closes it, no escape for anyone.
"Josie just came round to ask--." Sweet Pea stutters, trying to come up with a cover.
"To ask you to be her 'date' to her mom's wedding?" Ellie says for him. "I heard everything. Why Sweet Pea, Josie?"
Josie just stares at Ellie, unable to form words, she had always been scared of Ellie and Ellie was about to use this to her advantage.
"If you've been cheating on me Sweet Pea, I swear. You don't wanna know what I'll do to you and your little side piece." Ellie threatens.
"When we broke up a while ago, Josie and I had a fling." Sweet Pea admitted.
"A fling. That's all?" Ellie asks. "Tell me the truth Sweet Pea or God help you."
"That's all." Josie replies. "Promise."
"So, why, is Josie here asking you to be her date? We broke up like six months ago. And why were you saying 'I like you, but'?" Ellie asks, staring down her fiance.
"She's been constantly blowing me up and wanting to hook up again. She just showed up. I swear." Sweet Pea defends. "I'm saying this so she'll get off my back and leave me alone, understand the fact that I'm engaged and happy."
"You better leave right now, Josie." Ellie turns to the girl, moving away from the door. "Leave now, and watch your back."
Josie does just that without another word. Ellie slams the door behind her and turns to Sweet Pea with anger in her eyes.
"You're lying to me. The way you spoke to her, the way you worded things, didn't sound like you wanted her off your back." Ellie whisper-shouts, the whole campsite doesn't need to know her relationship business. "Tell me right now, when the last time you slept with her was, or I will walk out this door and you will never see me again."
"Summer." Sweet Pea says quietly, head hanging in shame. "I'm sorry. I was black-out drunk Ellie."
"That's no excuse." She scoffs. "After you had proposed to me, after we had committed our lives to each other. I am such a fool. Believing that something this good could be real. You're nothing. Tall Boy tried to tell me all of this before I put a bullet between his eyes, I didn't believe him, I killed a man because I love you. I'm such an idiot."
"Ellie, I do love you. None of what he said was true, and you know that. That's why you did it." Sweet Pea stands up from the couch.
"I am started to doubt that. You cheated on me, when I was at my happiest." Ellie shrugs fighting back tears, she will do her crying later to her father.
"You cheated on me." Sweet Pea says bluntly. "Jason Blossom? You were black-out drunk then."
"Oh, so I guess that makes us even then. No it's fine, don't worry about it." Ellie laughs. "We had been dating for a month, one month when that happened, and yes I shouldn't have done it and I regret ever laying with him, being with someone other than you, the thought disgusts me, Sweet Pea. But we have been together for a year and a half now. We have been through hell together and we're fucking engaged."
"I'm sorry, I didn't wanna tell you because I knew you'd react like this and I feel disgusting for it. I bailed half way through because I felt that shitty, I couldn't do it, I couldn't look at her and know I was doing that with someone other than you. I love you. I want to marry you. Spend the rest of my life with you. No one else. Fuck everyone else. It's me and you. Forever." Sweet Pea says, tears running down his cheeks. Ellie can see how genuinely sorry Sweet Pea is but she can't just drop it and pretend it didn't happen.
"Maybe. Maybe we are forever, but right now, I think we need a little time apart. I need you to show me that you want all of that, just me, no one else. I will be just next door, but for a couple days at least, please don't speak to me." Ellie tells her fiance before turning and walking out, leaving Sweet Pea sobbing. She knocks on her dad's trailer door, finally letting a few tears escape but as soon as she sees her father's face at the door, she breaks down.