Death Proof

In Riverdale, everyone wears a mask, not just the Black Hood. But every so often the mask slips and our true selves are laid bare for all the world to see. So, we scramble to put it back on, like a kid in a cheap Halloween costume, but it's too late. People have already seen what's underneath, and it's terrifying.

The next morning, Ellie agrees to meet Betty for Pop's and she explains everything that has happened with Nick St Clair and the latest on the Black Hood.
"I needed to clear my head, and I did. And I realised that this is just a sick game to him. Psychological torture. So, I'm done with the Black Hood, with his letters, with his Simon Says." Betty tells her sister.
"What happens when he calls again?" Ellie asks.
"I won't answer. I can't keep playing, I can't."
"Didn't he threaten Polly?"
"He did. I talked to her. People at the farm are gonna help her disappear until it's safe."
"Whenever that is. And what about Jughead and Veronica, you have to tell them the truth."
"And we will, let's let things settle first. Make sure it's all over--." Betty doesn't get to finish her sentence as Ellie stops her just as they are walking towards Pop's door. She has spotted Jughead and Toni, having breakfast together and acting almost flirty with each other.
This is when Betty's phone rings and it's her mom needing her to come home for some 'meeting'. Ellie dips out of the straight away and besides she actually had nothing to do with this party shit.

"People have associated this school with the plagues of the Southside, drugs gangs violence. But, like the Southsdie, there is a community here. And while the decay is real, it is not irreversible." Mr Phillips reads out. Ellie has come into the Red and Black office to help Jughead sort it out a little. "I'm impressed Jughead. Where did you find the time to put out an issue of the Red and Black while pledging the Southside Serpents?" He asks and the two teens face's drop. "I'm not blind. We had a deal."
"The Serpents, they truly are a community, Mr Phillips." Ellie says, trying to help Jug out.
"A community of drug dealers Miss Peabody." The teacher replies.
"That's not the Serpents, that's the Ghoulies." Ellie strikes back.
"That's my next article." Jug announces, stopping Ellie from getting angrier.
"Jughead when you said you wanted to--" Mr Phillips gets interrupted  by Jug's phone chiming.
"Uh, will you excuse me? Just two seconds.I'm sorry, Mr Phillips. C'mon Ellie." Jug says, standing and grabbing Ellie's arm, pulling her outside with her.

"Jug! Ellie!" The pair hear Archie shout from in the halls. "We gotta go right now."
"What are you doing here?" Ellie asks.
"Betty ask you to throw some more salt into the wound?" Jug snaps.
"Mayor McCoy's about to raid Southside High. We gotta get you two out." 
As if on cue, the Mayor and the police bounce open the doors to the school and begin searching and pointing in every direction.
Archie drags both Ellie and Jughead out of the school but Ellie tries to fight the redhead's grip when seeing her boyfriend stood by his locker.
"Sweet Pea!" Ellie screams.

"You can't help him from behind bars, let's go." Archie shouts and the two boys take hold of the blond and run. Ellie watches through the window as Sweet Pea gets pushed up against a locker and it hurts her that she couldn't save him but she will try like hell to get him out of wherever he's going.

The three decide to go to Pop's where Ellie can't stop pacing up and down, waiting for a call back from the Sheriff's station on her boyfriend's whereabouts.
"Ellie, calm down." Jughead says from the booth.
"Calm down? Jug, Riverdale just became a police state." Ellie snaps.
"McCoy's convinced the Serpents are the ones dealing jingle-jangle." Archie explains.
"Serpents don't deal that stuff. The Ghoulies do." Ellie says trying to keep her voice low.
"So, tell Mayor McCoy that."
"Oh, Mayor McCoy. Do you mean the McCoy that just arrested all my friends and my boyfriend for no reason?" Ellie asks slumping down on a chair, checking her phone again.
"Why do you care anyway, man?" Jug asks. "I thought you and Betty wanted nothing to do with us, right?"
"Look I'm sorry about what happened and how it happened. And as for Betty, maybe you should just talk to her." Archie says but then Ellie phone goes off.
"Jug, we gotta go, Tall Boy wants to parley." The blond stands and starts to walk out the diner, Jug close behind her.