The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Everyone's afraid to say it. So, let me be the first. There was a serial killer amongst us. San Francisco had the Zodiac. New Orleans had the Axeman. Texarkana, Texas, had the Phantom Killer. The list goes on and on. Add to their ranks Riverdale's very own psychopath, the Black Hood.

"Babe check this out. Andrews posted a threat video to the Black Hood." Sweet Pea calls Ellie over to watch on his phone whilst she's getting ready for school.
"What the fuck is he thinking?" Ellie sighs, shaking her head.

And there is was. Terror was seeping into the bedrock of Riverdale. A town hall meeting had been set by Mayor McCoy. People were scared to walk the streets alone, especially as dusk approached. Shops closed early, lock were added to doors. Suspicions between the North and South side deepened, fanned into flames by Alice Cooper. As everyone wandered what danger lurked in the dark, when we would hear form the Black Hood next, and how far into darkness would Archie go on his quest to avenge his father and to stop the Black Hood?

During lunch, Sweet Pea is showing everyone the video that Archie made on his laptop.
"Guess we're not watching funny cat videos?" Jug asks as he walks over to the table.
"Check this out." Sweet Pea turns his laptop. "Some sick-in-the-head Northsider posted a crazy ass video and we were just talking."
"About what?"
"Fogarty wants to earn his Serpent stripes. I say bring us the head of Andrews and you're in." Ellie leans on Fang's shoulder from her standing position.
"I'm down with that." Fangs replies. Sweet Pea gets excited and starts laughing and banging his fist on the table.
"Ellie, what the hell--" Jug starts before Sweet Pea talks over him.
"What, Jones?"
After serving Ellie a dirty look he turns to Sweet Pea. "Look, I know this guy. He's a milquetoast. He's a football player. It's kinda a lame target is all I'm saying. You wanna prove something? You go after the Black Hood."
"And why would we do that?" Sweet Pea scoffs "The Black Hood is targeting Northsiders, who do nothing but blame the Southside for everything wrong with this town."
Ellie walks and leans her hands on her boyfriend's tense shoulders with a little smirk. "Frankly, we're sick of it. Black Hood's doing our work for us. He's a hero." The blond smiles.
"What has happened to you?" Jughead shakes his head before leaving the eating area.
"I've learnt to hate my past and everyone in it. You can gladly be added to that list if you would like." Ellie shouts after him.
"Great." Is the reply she gets back.
"He'll come round to us. I know him to well." The blond grins, leaning down to place a kiss on Sweet Pea's head.

"Come on Fangs it didn't happen like that." Ellie giggles at her friend as the three of them come out of the shop. Having shared a spliff, Ellie and Fangs have had the giggles for the past hour now and demanded food for their munchies.
"Lightweights." Sweet Pea teases, running away slightly before Ellie could hit him for taking the piss.
"Oi, I hate you." Ellie laughs, trying to catch up to her boyfriend.
"And I... love you." Sweet Pea says, quickly whisking Ellie off her feet and flinging her over his shoulder and carrying her down the street. That is until Ellie feels Sweet Pea's shoulders tense and she is placed on the floor, confused until she turns around to see Archie Andrews spray painting a garage door with a red circle.
"Hey." Sweet Pea shouts. "What the hell are you doing?"
"Back off. I'm not here for you." Archie replies, carrying on.
"Oh yeah? Then who's this message for huh?" Sweet Pea pulls Archie off the door and Ellie sort of hides behind Fangs. "Oh hell." He chuckles. "Don't tell me it's for the Black Hood. You believe who you used to be friends with Ell?" Ellie just looks to the floor, but then gains the confidence to stand up for herself and the Southside.
"People say we're the troublemakers." She laughs, Archie tries to push past the boys but is outnumbered and stopped.
"Southside Serpent country. You can't come here and tag our turf. So why don't you get your ass back to the Northside before somebody gets hurt?" Sweets threatens.
"Get out of my way or someone will get hurt." Archie challenges the taller guy.
"You just made a big mistake." Sweet Pea scoffs whilst pulling out his switchblade.
This is where Ellie's whole world goes slow as a gun held by Archie Andrews is pointed right in her boyfriend's face.
"Who made the mistake?" Archie asks, waving it around.
"What the hell Archie?" Ellie shouts.
"Who made the mistake?" The redhead shouts again.
"Come on babe, let's go." Sweet Pea grabs Ellie's hand and they both jog away from the gunpoint.