The Lost Weekend

A/N: I found this photo on tumblr and it reminded me so much of Sweet Pea and Ellie, thought I'd share ❤️

Weekdays , from 8:25am to 3:01pm, we adhere to strict regimen, everything in our lives is controlled. But then something like the murder of Jason Blossom happens, and you realise there is no such thing as control. There is only chaos. Nevertheless, some of us strive to impose and maintain order, in what is, fundamentally, an orderless world. A fact which would very soon be confirmed, in ways none of us could have foreseen.

"Hey, you may or may not know this, but it's Jughead's birthday." Ellie tells her sister as their walking to their separate classes.
"What? And he didn't say anything?" Betty asks shocked.
"It's tomorrow. He doesn't like making a big deal out of it. Every year, he goes to a double feature at the Bijou. It's like this tradition. The last few years, Archie and I have been his movie buddies. But now that he has a girlfriend.."
"Of course I'll take him." Betty replies knowing exactly what her sister will say. "But you should still come with us."
"Nah, I don't wanna be a third wheel."
"Come on, it'll be like old times." Betty says to Ellie, stopping her.
"The Three Musketeers." Ellie laughs.
"Actually Ellie, there were four musketeers."
"I'll see you later Betty." Ellie giggles slightly before walking away, into her next class.
"Okay." Betty smiles.

"Anyway, enough about my drama." Veronica says later at lunch after explaining to Ellie the whole thing with her father and Ethel Muggs' family. "Betty you were saying something about Jughead's birthday?"
"Yeah, just that Mr Jones told me, Jughead's never had a birthday party." Betty says, Archie and Ellie nod, already knowing this fact. "Let's have one for him. Like a low-key surprise party." She then suggests getting excited.
Archie and Ellie share a knowing look before trying to say no but Veronica speaks louder.
"That's a fantastic idea."
"Jughead doesn't like his birthday." Ellie tells the girls.
"Everyone says that. Nobody means it." Kevin says.
"Jughead is a lone wolf." Archie sides with Ellie.
"Okay, ignoring the negativity. Betty, you know me. Any excuse to wear a cute party dress. So I'm thinking a quaint gathering, inner circle only." Veronica suggests, Ellie rolls her eyes, knowing full well that their friend will hate it.
"Oh, my God. Don't turn around." Kevin says, eyes widened. But of course all the teens turn around and that's where they see, Chuck Clayton waltzing into the cafeteria. "Holy Chuck. I think his lats got bigger. Not that I care. He's evil incarnate."
"What's Chuck Clayton doing back?" Archie asks.
"He got suspended, not expelled. Even though he should have been drawn and quartered for what he did." Veronica says. The anger is building inside of Ellie Cooper and she can't help herself when she stands up and struts over, heeled boots clicking, to where the teen boy has sat himself, right next to Ethel Muggs.
"Get away from her, Chuck." Ellie demands.
"Easy." Chuck replies. "Look I only came over here to apologise. You don't have to go all dark Ellie on me, like your sister did."
"I'm not going—" Ellie snaps a little too loud, slamming her hand on the table, causing everyone to look at her. "I'm not going dark anything. Ethel, is Chuck bothering you?" Ellie lowers her voice, turning to the red-headed girl.
"You can relax, Ellie. It's fine." Ethel replies.
"Yeah, Ellie. We're fine." Chuck smirks and then turns to face her more. "Now, the real question is, are you?"
Ellie decides to walk away before she does something stupid and she storms out the cafeteria, heading towards the exit of the school.