The Maiden And Her Prince

Thump!

Ginny jumped as yet another rumble of thunder sounded. Harry was out with Ron, on a mission, so she was home with the kids alone. Ginny heard a creak on the stairs, and hoped Rufus, the dog, hadn't woken up.

"Mummy?" A sleepy voice called out.

Ginny sighed. "Lily, you're supposed to be in bed."

"The storms woke me up."

"I know, sweetie. How about we go up to my bed and wait for Daddy to come home?" Ginny asked.

Lily sniffled and pulled her blankie closer to her face. "Ok, Mummy." 

Ginny put her empty coffee mug mug in the sink and led her daughter to the bedroom. For about a half an hour, she read Lily Babbity-Rabbity and Cinderella.

ZAM!

Another crash of thunder sounded and Lily dove under the covers. Ginny heard a pitter-patter of feet, and two little boys ran in. James and Albus.

"I'm not scared, Mum." James said shakily. "Alby was, so I came too."

The two boys climbed into bed with their sister and Mum.

BOOM!

The three children all jumped, and James screamed.

A taller figure appeared in the doorway. Teddy.

"Ginny, is everything ok?" He asked.

"Oh, everything's fine, dear. Care to join this slumber party?" Ginny asked her godson. Soon there was another person in bed.

"Mummy! Can you tell us a story?" Albus asked, whimpering as they heard more thunder in the distance.

"All right."

Ginny took a deep breath and thought of the perfect story.

"There once was a fair maiden. He big brother, the Loyal Knight, was best friends with the Wisest Sorceress of the century and a brave prince. The young maiden loved the prince very much, but was too embarrassed to even talk to him. 

"Later in the year, an evil notebook took control of the maiden, and she was forced to do terrible things with a snake. The Prince, Sorceress, and Knight were trying to find the bad person, but when the Sorceress found a clue, the snake hurt her."

*Gasps*

"Yes. And then the Prince and the Knight followed the spiders, and found out that it wasn't the kind giant. So they were stuck. Who hurt the Sorceress? 

"But then, the maiden was kidnapped by the evil notebook and snake. They were killing her. So the Knight and Prince sought help from Mr. Smiles, but he turned out to be a fake. So the Knight and Prince went to help the maiden themselves. On their way down, the Knight got separated by rocks, so it was up to the Prince to save the maiden.

"The Prince had to slay the snake first, with the help of a friendly phoenix, an old hat, and a magic sword. Then, he killed the evil notebook. The maiden was saved.

"Years passed, and the Prince and the maiden got married, as did the Sorceress and the Knight. And they all-"

"Lived happily ever after." The kids chanted.

"Sounds like you and Daddy..." Albus mumbled as he drifted of to sleep.

Ginny read a little longer, and could swear she heard Teddy babbling about 'slaying Basilisks' and 'Victoire' in his sleep.

Soon, Ginny also feel into a deep somber.

Harry, who had been listening outside the door, came in and looked at his wife, children and godson. He kissed give on her cheek and got into bed. 

"I'll fight the world for you, my fair maiden."

Hey guys. I read Percy Jackson for the first time and loved it. Even though I've only read the first book, I loved Percabeth.

BTW, this was inspired by a one-shot in @PercabethHinny's one-shot book.