Flower Headcanons

1. Every time Molly told Author she was pregnant, she gave him an orchid to put on the family tree mural. When they had their first grandchild, Fleur gave them one more. Finally, after years of confusion, Author finally asked why orchids. "It iz ovious! It'z a Chineze symbol for many children."

2. Fleur was well educated in the art of flowers. Her name in french means 'flower', after all.

3. One of Rose's childhood nicknames was 'Rosebud', and was given a white rosebud every birthday. When she turned eleven, her parents stopped calling her that. She asked them why, and they told her it was because white rosebuds represented girlhood. As she was coming of age, it didn't suite her anymore.

4. After Rose turned 17, Ron and Hermione started calling her Azalea. It symbolized 'Womanhood' in China.

5.  When Ron first mentioned they were under mistletoe, Hermione rattled on about why mistletoe symbolized kissing, Ron shut her up by giving her a kiss.

6. James always bombarded Lily with flowers. It was not until they were married that Lily realized the meaning of each and every flower. He had found a Herbology book all about flowers, and their magical properties and meanings. He picked the flowers specifically to subtly tell Lily how he felt about her.

7. After hanging out with Mary, Alice, Marlene, Sirius, Remus, and Peter, James gave Lily a bouquet of irises and chrysanthemum, both meaning  'Your Friendship Means So Much To Me' and 'Your a Wonderful Friend'. In turn, Lily gave him a kiss on the lips.

8. Petunia believed in later life that a person's name reflected their personality. She saw this in her self, as petunias represented resentment. She also saw it in her granddaughter Poppy, whose flower name meant oblivion and imagination. Petunia was jealous of her ability to be oblivious to bad things. She vowed to be more like Poppy from that day on.

9. Petunia also taught her two granddaughters that their sister was the most important person in their lives. She felt like it would be know problem, as Daisy was as loyal as her name suggested.

Feel free to comment your own flower headcanons! I you do, I will put it here, and give you credit.

-Grace

Resources:

http://www.flowermeaning.com/

http://thelanguageofflowers.com/