Home Alone

feel like the next gen on the morning of the 1st of September at the Burrow, is a lot like Home Alone™everyone stayed the night at the Burroweveryonethey're all catching up with one anothertelling each other about the vacations they went on, congratualating a few on promotions and awards, ranting about the stuff that has been happening at their sector of work, and what crazy magic their kids illegally did on their sibling that got them grounded for 3 weeksall laughing and having great family timebut the morning of September 1st?all hell breaks loseparents yelling, animals going berserk, kids scrambling around trying to pack (because you know there is no way in hell they packed the night before, they were all too busy testing the latest Weasley's Wizard Wheezes' toys and tricks in the field by the burrow late into the night)"JAMES YOU DID NOT FORGET YOUR WAND AT THE HOUSE - OH GOOD GOD!"
"ROSE - ROSE YOU ARE NOT BRINGING THAT"
"DOMINIQUE GIVE YOUR SISTER HER SKIRT BACK! OH I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT DOM"
"TEDDY?! GOD DAMMIT - TEDDY WHERE ARE YOU?"
"FRED WHAT THE HELL DID I SAY?!"
"mOLLY! NO NOT YOU MOLLY, THE OTHER MOLLY!!"
just the biggest, most hectic madness in the worldthey have ministry cars that have been waiting on them for an hour but only leave the Burrow 15 minutes before the train leaves the stationthe ministry cars hauling ass to get Kings Crosseveryone trying to calm down as they drive to the station, but something just doesn't seem rightthey try to shrug it off, until Hermione gasps, throws out her hands and clutches on to whatever she can to steady herself (which happens to be an alarmed George and a wincing Albus), and screams "HUGO"She immediately disapparates from the car, to the Burrow where she finds Hugo sitting at the kitchen table, eating the scraps of the porridge, already dressed in his robes, ready for his first day at HogwartsShe runs over to him and pulls him into a tight, skull crushing hug, smoothing his hair and almost crying"Mum, it's oka - mum i know, i get it - we have to - MUM"
They all make it to Kings Cross just as the whistle blows for them to boardAll the kids that are still attending Hogwarts flood onto the train to try and stuff themselves all into one compartment togetherThey wave and scream out the window to their enormous family, making a huge scene that all of them couldn't care less aboutThe family waving them off, tears in their eyes, laughing to themselves"Feels just like when we were scrambling to make it aboard back in the day"
"Yeah, but I wouldn't have it any other way..."
"Well in that case, next time we could strap Fred and James into a jinxed car and make them travel that way too for old times sake"
"Shut up Ron"

All was well