Much Ado About Hermione

"Should I get her socks?" Ron asked Harry for the tenth time.

"No."

"What are you getting Ginny?" Ron demanded.

Harry laughed. "Food. She's pregnant, it's really all she wants right now."

Ron glared. "How is it so hard to pick out presents now?"

Harry snorted. "Maybe it's because Hermione owns every single book in the world."

"True."

The two continued walking along the sidewalk, staring in windows of shops. They bought presents for Ginny, Teddy, nieces, nephews, brothers, sister-in-laws, and parents. The only person Ron did not shop for was Hermione.

They continued walking until they reached The Leaky Cauldron. They stopped by for a quick butterbeer, and shopped in the magical stores.

Ron suddenly gasped. "What?" Harry asked.

"I know what to get Hermione!" Ron said excitedly. "I'll meet you at the Leaky in a half an hour." He told Harry as he stuffed the last of his shopping bags into his magified pocket. He ran off in the direction of a jewelry store, and Harry smiled. He knew exactly what Ron was getting Hermione.

---

"Hermione!" Ron yelled above the rucas. Nieces and nephews were running around everywhere, and Ron nearly tripped over Domi, who was chasing Louis.

He nodded his hair towards the stairs and she smiled. They grabbed hands and made their way across the room and up the stairs.

When they were safely in Ron's room, he gave Hermione a kiss. When they broke apart, Hermione looked around.

"No private library like last year, Ron?" She asked slyly.

"No." Ron smiled. "I do have presents for you though."

He took one from the dusty bed that still say beneath the Chudley Canons posters.

"Here."

Hermione opened it. "Er- thanks Ron." She said politely, but Ron could tell she was disappointed. It was a copy of Hogwarts: A History. but not just any copy.

"Open it." He urged.

She did, and gasped. "An original copy? Signed?"

Ron nodded. "My Great-Uncle Billius gave it to me. He said it could mean something to someone one day."

Hermione gave Ron a tight hug. "Thank you!"

Ron chuckled. "There's more."

He grabbed another wrapped gift of the bed, and Hermione started opening it.

"A photo album." She said softly.

They sat down on the bed and took a trip down memory lane.

At the end of the album was an empty space with the words 'For the memories to come...'

Hermione looked up at Ron in confusion. "Wha-" Her voice trailed off as she noticed the diamond ring in Ron's hand.