Chapter 8♧♤♡

"Snob"

Katherine's pov

Every student is required to stand in a straight line according to their respective classes.

It was easy to find mine thanks to the familiar faces that I had recognized from the previous class who were all staring at me with the same curiosity and disgust.

Everyone fell into line behind each other as the female social prefect began to sing and everyone followed suit. I wasn't sure wether to sing along or just to keep quiet cos as a matter of fact,I had no idea if she was singing a worship song or chanting a war song but since everyone seems to be cool with it and not running, I figured I'd stay put and listen

A familiar voice started singing after a while and I thought I knew just who it might be. A certain snob who goes by the name lavi was singing and listening to him sing with so much grace and passion makes me feel like I had sin against a saint

He has a really good singing voice that makes me wonder if he was a professional singer or a major arse he was portraying himself to be earlier.

Let just say, lavi was better at being a singer than a snob. When it came down to praying, I felt like he was in the wrong place for God sake. He should be in a ministring school or even better the seminary cos Lavi is one guy who has a face of an arrogant snob with a voice of an angel.

Once the assembly had ended, I took to the stairs and hop my way straight to our class room only to find one of our classmate smiling at me though he doesn't look familiar but he was occupying the desk next to mine. He smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back at him.

He was averagely tall, light skin and a side dimple that could hardly go unnoticed when he smiled.

"Hello...am Obieze Chuwukuemeka but everyone calls me Obi" he smiled and offered his palm for a handshake.

"I'm Katherine " I replied with a small smile.

"Well I see now that the rumors I have heard were true" he said with a thoughtful look on his face.

"What are you talking about? Pray tell?" I said.

"The only day I choose to be absent from school, the best thing had to happen!"

I don't know but this guy is beginning to communicate with himself cos I was lost here...what is he ranting about? Seeing how lost I was he continued.

"I was absent from school yesterday but got the news anyways" he explained.

Okay...with the look on his face, he is expecting me to act all curious and ask him what news he has stumble upon but guess what? That ain't happening. If he has things to say then he better start spilling cos I have got no time to waste here...

After he realized I wasn't going to do as he had imagined, he continued yet again.

"It's an interesting news Katherine and am sure you are going to love it" he said.

"Alright..let hear it"

"While I was away, a little birdie told me we have got ourselves a celebrity in our school and I see that it's all true"