Chapter 20♧♤♡

"Spelling bee"

I'll like to say a big thank you to everyone who have believed in me and also read this book upto this point. You guys have encourage me to write every day. Thanks so much, I'd hand my lungs out for every single one of you,cos you've all taken my breathe away. . 

Lavi's pov.

                               *

The day we've all been Stressing about is finally here. After four weeks of hard work,we are here to put all that into test.we are ready and so were the rest of the participants who all seemed eager to spell out an entire dictionary.

Katherine was seating beside James from the far left,followed by yours truly at the middle as we all waited patiently for the judges to start calling out the participants one after the other. The principal and some of our students were seated among the audience as well;Cheering us onto victory could be one way of being of help.

Turning to Katherine, i noticed the sad look on her face as she kept glancing at the entrance whenever someone comes in. Was she expecting someone? Her parent maybe?. Speaking of parents, mine were not far fetched as they were sighted among the crowd of students.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah am good...just a bit nervous" She replied as her eyes wandered towards the entrance again...

"You seem somewhat disoriented K...what's going on? You've been looking towards the entrance like almost every second now. ..are you expecting someone?"

"My dad...he's late on arrival" She replied with a solemn look on her face.

"It's okay K, I bet he is uhm already on his way and might walk in through that door at any minutes" I assured her.

"Yea right...he'd be here any minute"

"C'mon cheer up princess. ..we've to look the part if we are going to win this okay? like champion"

"Okay"

She just nodded with a small smile.

                              **

Katherine's pov

The judges have began calling out the participants and my dad was still yet to arrive. He promised to be here. Why hasn't he...

"Maryann International secondary school should please come out and take their spot" the announcer voice had called at us...

Dad! Where re you....

I took one quick glance at the door and still no sign of him. Every movement has been restricted at this point as we were set to begin. I took the spot beside Lavi and James in the middle as we took in the view before us.... the judges were seated in a row of four persons with just one female at the middle. Their table were decorated with peach and light green colours as bottle waters were placed beside their writing pads.

"Everyone ready?" The announcer voice came through again.

"C'mon guys...let win this" James had whispered into our hearing and we nodded in acceptance.