CHAPTER 32

LAVI'S POV

**

After she was done doing her part just like the doctor has said. She strolled out the door and immediately, my parent rushed in through the door; i hope they didn't knock her down while rushing in to see me though.

Not that i care....

"Ayo...Ayo my son" my mom kept calling me as she threw herself at me on the bed with tears rushing down her cheeks.

"Mom? Mom!..Why are you crying?"

My mom only shook her head as she couldn't sum up her words to answer my rather foolish question. I don't even have to ask why she could be crying; Only the sight of me lying on this bed is enough to make her cry.

My dad who was standing beside her by the bed finally said something as he reach out his hand and placed it in mine.

"My son,it's a miracle that you are alive and here with us. Your mother and i were so scared my boy. We even thought we had lost you already but thank God you are okay"

I have never seen my dad cried or showed any form of weakness in front of his kids before but just looking at him at this moment,i could see that he was really scared and worried. Whatever it is that had happened to me has brought my dad to his knees as he was really sheading tears at this point.

"I'm so sorry dad...Mom,if i scared you both even though i can't even remember what the hell happened to me or how i got here but am really...really sorry" my voice was hitched at this point as tears began to sting my eyes.

"No my son...It's really not your fault my boy. It was the fault of that reckless driver who knocked you over...You were over here at the intensive care unit for three days. The doctor said you were in a comma and couldn't wake up...You almost left us son" his voice barely a whisper as he stared at me.

My dad's feelings is being laid bare before me and it breaks my heart to see him like this...Am used to seeing him as the strict yet gentle and understanding father and not all scared and broken....

Squeezing his hand weakily,i got him to stop crying as he looked back at me...

"I'm right here dad...You and mom didn't loose me. Am here and kicking and definitely not going anywhere untill i buy you that car i promised"

It took just those simple yet reassuring words to put a smile back at their faces...

"I know son...But first you have to get out of here"

"Yes sure"

We spoke about my siblings for a while after the tense atmosphere was cleared for a bit. I bet they were just as worried as my parents at the news of me being in the hospital...

Oh i could just imagine their faces and BISI's frustration at Nike's uneasyness after the news.

My mom broke the silent again as she sat down beside me on the bed.

"Tell me something my son,because i still don't understand why you had to go all the way to the island with that girl"

"Girl? Island?" i asked in totally confusion.