Chapter 18♧♤♡

"Knight in shiny armour"

Katherine's pov

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The next week at school was cultural day and all the students were expected to be participating in one cultural group or the next. Lavi was dressed in a native attire that had a jumper trouser with an armless oversized shirt that has a fitting cap that fell slightly to the side on his forehead. When I asked him what he seemed to be putting on, he told me his style is known as Agbada and it's popular among the Yorubas. Obieze wasn't left out either as he was seen in what looked like a royal robe, his long shirt was a black velvet that had lions imprinted on it with red beads around his neck. He had a red cap on and complimenting his outfit with a woven hand fan in one hand. I on the other hand wasn't dressed to fit in,actually I had a simple Ankara jacket on a Jean trouser with just my Gladiator sandals on and I was good.

At first, it was kind of fun watching from the side line as everyone seemed to be dancing to different tone that was banging from talking drums, beating gongs and other instruments that I wasn't even familiar with. After an hour of seating among some over excited students, exhaustion began to kick in from all angle and dodging to a quiet place became an option. The prep room seemed to be the only free zone at the moment . I began to navigate my way across some crowd of students who were also watching from the side lines like I did a while ago.

The prep room was quiet when I got there and just as I had imagined. Before I could settle down on one of the stools,I heard a voice that sounded awfully familiar at the door causing me to turn around just about immediately.

"Look who we have here" Ade had said expressing how surprised he was to see me at his friend Tunde who also wore a similar look

He wasn't the only surprised person here cos I wasn't expecting to see anyone at the prep room but I see that am not the only one with a disfunctional cultural life. Ade and his friends were known to be the bad boys of the school and can very much get away with any kind of assult on a follow student. Their parent happened to be part of the shareholders of MAISS and it was only a matter of time before I have a run-in with this groupies.

I gave them a small smile and a nod as i acknowledged their presence.

"What are you doing here all by yourself princess?" Tunde had asked taking a stroll towards me with both his hands tucked away in his trouser.

I gave no replied as Tunde isn't one to be having a decent conversation with and I was definitely in no mood for his stupidity.

"C'mon princess, you don't wanna talk to me? I know am not Lavi but you can also talk to me too" he said faking a hurt expression.

Son of a........

Tunde was really out to pick on me but if only he knew better,he'd probably go join the rest of his crew outside.

"What do you want asshole?" I said with a bored expression.

"C'mon princess, such foul language ain't fit for you and if you are too curious to know what I want, how about I come a little bit closer let find out" he replied with a sick look on his face.

He took a step closer towards me and I felt every muscle in my body tensed as i folded my hand into a really tight fist. I was ready to smack out a set of teeth if he even come as close as stealing a kiss from me. His face was just an inch away from mine as his foul breathe kept hewing at my face.