CHAPTER 38

"Katherine's pov"

School was vacating in two weeks and our final exams was still far from happening. We still have atleast three more months to go as it stands.

Lavi has finally being discharge from the hospital and it kills me to think that am not allowed to see him.

Dad has gone as far as restricting me from going even a centimeter close to the hospital and making sure to erase the possibility of seeing him from afar.

Going to his home was even out of the question. It's not as if i can absolutely show up at his parent door step like a welcome guest asking to see him.

His mom might make sure i lose my legs while at it...

James was kind enough to give me feedback from his last visit to their house. The bandages on his legs and arm has been removed and he has began to walk again like a toddler taking his very first steps.

Obi has been a really good friend during this past weeks. A real shoulder to cry on as he would often listen without judging me. Sometimes he even went as far as becoming my personal bodyguard; making sure no one came as close as accussing me of putting Lavi in a pitful condition and It's not because i couldn't do it myself but having someone to  stand up for me in the mist of all the drama going on in my life is just heart warming.

Aunty Nene has been out of town for a while now making me more vulnerable than ever. The house feels so empty without her charming presence and dad and i haven't been the best of family lately.

Obi's company on the other hand has made it alot easier as his frequent visit to our house has made it alot less lonely. We could always hang out together at home during the weekend studying or just playing games when we get bored from reading all the boring stuffs and today, we have agreed to hang out at the pool side for a change and he is yet to arrive.

He arrived a little later with groceries bags in both hands as he made his first appearance by the pool where i was waiting.

"Hey" said Obi with a wide grin

"Hey?" i replied

"Sorry if i kept you waiting but i had to get this" rising the bags in his hands

"I can see that you went shopping but i don't think it necessary. We have stuffs at home"

"I don't doubt it but extra snacks haven't killed anyone so" he shrugged

Settling his bags of goodies on the table, he dropped down on the floor beside me as his eyes turned and settled on me causing a little wind of self awareness to dawn on me

The way his eyes lingered on me felt a bit weird and out of place even though he averted his gaze just about immediately with a smirk that was almost unnoticable on his lips.

Was he checking me out?

I was forced to look back at myself just to make sure i wasn't revealing too much as it is.

I was putting on a blue bikini swim suit and a yellow chiffon scarf wrapped around my waist even though it was a see through. My upper wasn't all bare either as i was still putting on my white T-shirt.