Chapter 22♧♤♡

"Champions"

"Lavi's pov"

*

Nothing taste sweeter than victory. the thought of being better than your opponent and rising above all the hurdles thrown at you in an attempt to prove that you are worthy of being called a champion is freaking awesome.

MAISS was announced the winner as everyone cheered and roared in applause. Katherine had a look that says 'we freaking did it'

She ran at me throwing herself completely at me in a warm embrace almost knocking me down because I sure as hell wasn't expecting it. James who also took the initiative and jumped at us as well, had all three of us glued together as we laughed at nothing but the thought of us being champions.

"We freaking did it guys" she yelled and just throw her head back as she continued to laugh even more.

Just look at her laugh,so beautiful. ...

"Yeah we did it...we are champion yo"

Laughing and yelling as we jump around in excitement. Today was a dream come true as our hope of a better future has finally been actualized. Katherine, James and I had won the first prize and obviously we got the scholarship as well. My mom was smiling from ear to ear as they made their way to us. Katherine and James had all turned to their respective parents at this point and I was left with mine....

My father was the first to speak...

"My son, am so proud of you. Weldone" he shook hands with me as he double tap me on the shoulder with his other hand.

My mom couldn't wait to express her excitement as she threw herself at me squeezing the breath out of my lungs due to how tight she seemed to be holding me....

"Enough mom...can't. .breathe"

Pulling an inch away. .she wiped her face with the back of her hand...

Was she crying?

"Am sorry son ..I was just carried away with the moment because finally,your dreams of studying abroad is finally going to come true"

My mom can be quite emotional at times and I totally understand her. She was a delicate being even though she seemed all fearless and strong.

"It's okay mom...we are all excited as well".

**

Katherine's pov

Lavi,James and I arrived at school in a new kinda atmosphere the next week as everyone seemed to have heard of our achievement already.

How fast news flies...

Walking along the stairs that morning, I came across some female students who smiled at me as they passed by...

What has changed?

Everything changed the moment we were announced winners. The principal had all three of us standing on the upper balcony overseeing the students as they gathered during the morning assembly. A month back,I was standing somewhere among the same crowd of students as they all throw weird glances at me and right now...I was standing a bit above them but the reverse was the case now as they all looked back at me with so much admiration and love.