Chapter 13♧♤♡

Lavi's pov

Whatever had happened at the canteen the previous day should never have to repeat itself ever again and as the SP of the school, it was my duty to look after my fellow students and guide them through the right path. Loveth and her group of friends were not just known to be the trouble makers but also the gossip girls as well. There were also the same people who started the rumor in the canteen that morning. The junior student later identified as Jide confessed to have been forced to do what he did even though he refused to mention a certain name due to fear.

The principal who was overly interested in the well being of miss Katherine Joseph Benjamin was too quick to hear about what had happened to her and passing out a strict warning to whoever cared to know followed just about immediately.

As I got to class the next morning. I noticed a bag placed on my desk. Wondering who could have kept it there, I looked around to find no one paying close attention towards me. Everyone was too busy with their friends to even care.

The content from the bag was my blazer suit and a Thank you note when I checked and I could very much guess who was behind it. She had insisted I let her go home with my suit the previous day and I could imagine why. As I turned around, I saw her standing behind me with a smile on her face. And before I could say anything, she shuush me as she raised her hand first indicating I let her speak.

"I'd like to say thank you first and foremost and also to apologize for everything I might have ever said or done to you. Am really sorry lavi. ..forgive me? " She looked at me with pleading eyes.

Her apologies were sincere and short and this was definitely not my imagination receiving an apology from Katherine. She was right in front of me and apologizing for real and now that she was finally giving me what I had always imagined. I realized it wasn't what I wanted in the first place. Seeing her sad and all sorry isn't what I want. And besides I wasn't mad at her any more. Haven't been from day one. I was just hurt with the way she was acting towards me everytime I try to get close to her.

I got to meet the real her back at the clinic and trust me, she was nothing close to what I have seen over this past few weeks. She was nice and polite just like the first time. The staff nurse that was around that day took her inside and after a while, she came out looking brand new. Katherine was wearing a different kind of smile that day but the shame in her eyes was still evident when we made eye contact. I guess it's normal to be embarrassed after everything that happened.

"There is nothing to be sorry for K. Friends don't apologize to friends remember? "I replied with a smile.

"Right! But we ain't officially friends yet are we?" She asked narrowing her eyes in a funny way.

"Not yet but we will be" I told her with so much confidence.

She was quite amused with how sure I was. Was she finally giving in? I mean I wasn't sure but I like the new her better. She gave me a new kind of feeling. A happy kind of feeling if I was to describe it.

"Okay " She replied simply with a shrug.

**

Another week had gone by so quickly ever since Katherine and I became good friends even though she still hangs out with Obieze who happens to be her shadow.

Sheesh. ....

In those past weeks, I have been trying my best to convince her to sign into the competition with us and she has refused without even giving it a second thought placing me right back at the searching track yet again.