Chapter 17♧♤♡

"Rose flower"

Katherine's pov

**

"You are staring" I warned.

"I know" he answered still staring at me.

"Then stop staring" I said.

"Nope I won't" he countered back

Okay what's going on with this guy? Lavi seemed to be acting like a pervert all of a sudden.

"Do you mind explaining why you seem to be staring at me right now without saying a word?" I asked again.

"I'm saying a lot here K,you just don't seem to get it" he replied with a smirk

"I'm not a mermaid lavi so don't expect me to hear your thoughts without even saying a single word"

"So why are you so beautiful then?because the last time I checked, mermaid are this breath taking" He answered still wearing that annoying little smirk on his rather handsome face.

Wait! Did I just give him a compliment?

Lavi has that same wide expression he had the same day he was confessing his feelings to James and I pretended not have heard a thing and right now,looking at him he seemed like he was about to start spilling his guts yet again. The only difference is that am the one here and not James and this can get a little bit awkward.

"I will take that as a compliment but you have  got to stop staring  at me like that...it's not polite" I said.

"Like what?" He asked.

"Like...like you seemed to be doing right now" I stammered.

Why am i stammering? Gosh....

"Why can't I? I mean,haven't you stare at a rose flower or something you really liked before?

Something he really likes?

There goes my heart doing that crazy jumpy thing again. I gave a mental shrug before answering.

"I have but that's not what this is about. Am a person not a thing so don't freaking stare at me like that"

And as if acting on impulse,he leaned really close on the desk,our face just an inch away. I could smell his minted breathe right on my face as he kept staring at me.

Now what?....

"Or what? What are you gonna do about it K?" He challenged closing in on me.

What has gotten into him? I'm literally freaking out here. My heart was hammering against my chest as he kept breathing down at me. I have never been his close to any guy before and Lavi seemed to be crossing all boundaries here and surprisingly enough, I allowed him and I couldn't understand why.

I was beginning to hyperventilate at this point at his level of closeness. His eyes kept felling from my lips and back at my chest that kept rising and falling like the ocean current...He continued to study me under his intense gaze for a while and just pulled away with a satisfied look on his face. Only at this point did I realized I was holding in my breathe.