Chapter 11♧♤♡

"Hero"

Lavi's pov

As I walked into the canteen during lunch hour the next week. I saw Katherine seating all by herself at the last roll of chairs at the hall. We made eye contact and hold each other gaze for a while before she looked away. It's a miracle that Obi wasn't by her side at that moment because ever since they became friends, he has been drooling all over her at every chance he get.

As I glanced at her direction again for the second time, I felt as though something was a bit off about her. She doesn't look like her normal happy self. She looked worried and sad. I could only wonder why. The thought of going over to her table was beginning to ring in my head and I couldn't shake it off.

I turned on my heels and strolled towards her wondering what I would say to her once I get there.

"Hey ...are you okay? "  I asked forcing out a smile.

"Yeah am fine" She answered simply and just kept picking on her food.

Maybe she doesn't want to speak with me or maybe I was being a bother but merely looking at her,I felt like she was troubled. I stared down at her food wondering if something was visibly wrong with it but I couldn't see anything wrong or out of place with what she had on her plate.

Her fruit salad looked delicious not to mention the jollof rice that was packed carefully by the side. Can't remember the last time I had something like that though. ..

Focus dude.....

Okay...it wasn't the food. It has to be something else.

"You don't look okay K. You haven't even touched your food yet. Are you sure everything is really fine?" I asked again.

"I'm fine lavi and thanks for worrying so much about me as well but can you just do me a favor and just go away?"

Ouch.....there goes my heart again.....am bleeding.

Why does she have to be so damn mean towards me whenever I try to be nice to her? I know am a bit nosy but c'mon,I sure as hell didn't deserve that last part...

"Okay fine...if you want me to leave then I will but guess what miss Katherine Joseph Benjamin, you don't feel better by pushing people away but I don't think you know that or do you?"

I walked away from her as quickly as I could. They was no doubt left in my mind that she was crazy and her pretty little head was still stuck in the damn mud....

Sheesh. ......

As I made my way towards the exit, I passed the first group of girls seated by the door and overheard them throw a nasty joke about the girl with a stained uniform and I didn't think it was funny. There was something peculiar about the way they all laughed and looked at Katherine just about the same time.

Has she hurt herself in anyway? Even if she did,why were there all laughing about it instead of helping her.

And in as much as I would have loved to walk out of there without giving a second thought about what could be possibly wrong with her because honestly speaking? she already ruin my appetite for the day but I still couldn't bring myself to do it.