O N E

Angela Monique Patterson P.O.V

I sat in my car debating if I should go inside or not. I did need to find a way to deal with what I'm feeling before I become a alcoholic or drug addict and I couldn't do that. I took a deep breath before opening my car door.

As I stepped out and locked my doors the cold air hit me in my face. I pulled my coat tighter as I quickly walked into the building. I looked down at my text messages with my mom to find the exact floor of the building.

I walked up to the elevator and hit the button. I tapped my foot as I waited for the elevator to come down. Multiple people stepped out and I stepped in and hit the number 5. I pulled out my phone and checked the time to make sure I wasn't too late.

The elevator doors opened and I stepped out and went straight down the hall and opened the last door on my left. All eyes were on me as I entered.

"Welcome pull up a chair we were just introducing ourselves. I'm Shelia by the way". I lady with long hair and beautiful dark skin came up to me shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you". I smiled shaking her hand.

I went to a empty table and pulling a chair towards the circle where there were about five other people sitting. I unzipped my coat and put it on the back of my chair and crossed my legs as I began to get comfortable.

"Welcome to the first meeting. How are you guys today?" Shelia smiled brightly.

"Fine". I said.

A few goods and okay were heard from the others.

"Well we can start introducing ourselves and telling each other why we're here and what we hope to accomplish from being here." Shelia said.

"I'll go first". A white boy wearing glasses stood up.

 A white boy wearing glasses stood up

"My name is Mason I'm 25 years old. I'm here because my little sister Amiya passed away from leukemia. I wanna leave here feeling happier than I have been since she's passed." He said sitting down.

"Hi my name is Miranda I'm 22 years old. I'm here because my mother just passed away and my father is currently in a coma. I want to leave here and learn how to deal with death I guess". She sat down after she got done speaking.

 She sat down after she got done speaking