S I X

Angela Monique Patterson P.O.V

I parked outside of Chris moms house. I had to go to dollar tree to get a card, gift bag, and balloons. After dollar tree I had to get gas.

I quickly wrote a quick note in the card and slipped twenty dollars inside before putting it into the envelope. I folded the clothes neatly putting them at the bottom.

I put the dolls on top followed my the card. I put tissue paper on top of it all. I tied the balloons to the handle of the bag. I checked my makeup and added some more lipgloss before getting out the car.

I heard the sound the sound of music,kids screaming, and laughter as I got closer to the backyard. I opened the fence and looked around for Chris. I found him over by the gift table.

I went over by the gift table and sat down in an empty chair as I patiently waited for Chris to finish his conversation. After he finished his conversation Chris turned around and his eyes immediately landed on me and his face lit up.

He had to hugest smile on his face as he walked towards me.

"Well hello Angela." He said holding out his arms for a hug.

"Hey Chris". I stood up hugging him.

I put the gift on the table before speaking.

"Your mom has a lovely home". It was a big beautiful house. I always dreamed of living in a place like this with Magnolia and her father.

"Thanks

"Thanks. She worked 23 years as a chef at Chatique Monque. California's best restaurant."

"I heard they have really good food. I'll have to go there sometimes. I love trying new food". I smiled thinking about good food.

A beautiful lady came up to me and Chris smiling brightly.

"And Christopher who might this beautiful young lady be?" She asked.

"Mom this Angela. Angela this is my mother."

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Brown". I smiled holding my hand out for a hand shake.

"I hope you don't mind I'm a hugger". She pulled me in for a hug.

I hugged her back. Her long soft curls fell on my shoulder and I could smell her sweet Beyoncé perfume. She rubbed my back quickly. I could tell she was a sweet lady.

"Your so beautiful. She reminds me of Gina". His mom looked at him.

"Ma, she do not look like no Aunty Gina." He rolled his eyes.

"Boy yes she do". An elderly women with a cane came walking in the house.

"Ma let me help you with that". Chris mothers helped her sit down.

"And who might this beautiful young lady be? Chris you got a new girlfriend? Oh lord yes I was tired of that hoe you used to have. What's her name? Kahoochie? Karma?". She rambled on.

"Karrueche grandma. And this is my friend Angela". He introduced us.

"It's nice to meet you". I gave her a hug which she gladly excepted.

"Too damn bad. She seems like a good one. Please keep my knuckle headed ass grandson out of trouble. He has a daughter now he cannot be doing foolish things".

"I will. I promise." I smiled at her then looking at Chris.

Chris shook his head at his grandmother. Chris and I excused ourselves from the room to go check on the kids. The backyard was more full now. More kids and people running around.

"So what do you do Chris?" I asked him.

"I'm an owner of a clothing store called Royalty's named after Royalty of course. I also sell paintings that I make from time to time."

We sat down across from each other at a table next to the grill. I've been in his store plenty of times. I've never seen him in there or maybe I wasn't looking for him because I only went with my baby's father. That was his favorite store because they had the best jeans.

"So what do you do Angela?" He asked me licking his pink plump lips.

I smiled trying to hide my blush. I couldn't deny that was Chris was a very attractive man. He made me feel things that I haven't in years.

"I'm a photographer. I started off small like taking pictures for Macy models now I take Victoria secret models photos and recently I took a photo for the cover of cover girl. I also do private photography too".

"Really? That reminds me. I didn't hire a photographer for today and I really wanted some pictures taken. I know it's your day off but if you have any of your cameras with you do you think you could capture some moments?" Chris asked me.

"I have my cameras in my car. I'll go get them". I stood up.

He walked me to my car and help open the gate for me in the process. I set up by the table we were sitting at. Chris pulled out his wallet.

"How much will this be?" Chris asked me.

"Nothing Chris. You're a friend and this is a child's party. Besides if you didn't ask me I was going to ask you. I love taking pictures." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Fine if I can't pay you then let me take you out next Friday night". He crossed his arms smirking at me.

"Uh I don't know Chris. I don't really like getting all dressed up."

"Girl I'm not talking about going to just dinner that's boring. I'm talking about laser tag, go cart racing, we can go to a arcade, and then dinner."

I smiled at him. This sounded like a lot of fun. I needed to get out of the house more. I guess one date wouldn't hurt anybody.

"Okay Chris". I rolled my eyes at him.

He danced around goofily and I took pictures of him. A group of men walked in the backyard.

"I'll be back". He told me before dapping up one of the men.

Royalty ran passed me and I captured the perfect picture.

"Royalty". I called her name.

She came up to me running out of breath.

"Yes?" She smiled.

"Come right here so I can take some pictures of you". I pointed to where I wanted her to go.

She went and I snapped a few photos. When I was done she ran off. I put my camera around my neck and stood up. I smiled as I looked around. What a beautiful day.