SEVEN

Angela Monique Patterson P.O.V

"Okay Ang you can do this". I coached myself in the bathroom mirror.

Today was the day of the Father's Day cookout. I was nervous. This would be my first time around my baby father's family since Magnolia's funeral. Half of the family thought I set up Dashawn to get killed. They blamed me for his death.

I washed my face quickly before unlocking my phone. I shot a quick text to Chris.

Me: Happy Father's Day! Enjoy your day❤️

Chris🥰: Thank you. Enjoy your day too💕

I smiled at his text placing my phone back down on the sink. I quickly brushed my teeth and showered. I threw on a nice little outfit for the day before heading to my bosses office. She said she needed to talk to me.

You never know what that could mean. I could be getting let off. I don't see why I would be fired though. I was doing my job and showing up on time. As a matter of fact I showed up thirty minutes before.

I got in my Jeep buckling my seat belt. I checked my mirrors and played the radio. I pulled out of the parking lot and onto the busy streets of Atlanta. It took me twenty minutes to arrive in front of the big building. I parked my car and got out. I hit the key less lock on my key ring twice. 

I went through the big double doors of the big building. I went to the elevators and pressed the button. I waited until it came down. I walked in the elevator along with a bunch of other people. I pressed floor 15. The last floor where all of the big people worked. The bosses. But not the bosses of the bosses. 

I got off on the final floor along with a few people. I knocked on my bosses office door. 

"Come in". She yelled.

I came in and smiled at her. I sat down on her all white sofa. I guess you could say I was her favorite photographer. She hand picked me for all of her family functions and even her wedding vow renew. She even allowed me to call her by her first name, Janet. Which was rare.

"Angela its so nice to see you love. I didn't want to tell you this news over the phone or through a little text". She put down her paper work to look at me.

"Okay". I shook my head.

"Kylie Jenner wants you to come to California to take baby Stormi's pictures." 

We looked at each other cheesing. We held hands jumping up and down. Squealing like little girls who are at a Justin Bieber concert. We stopped after a few seconds. This opportunity was so big. I would get so much exposure and money.

"When?" I asked her.

Her smile quickly faded. I knew she was going to tell me something I did not want to hear.

"On Magnolia's birthday".

Christopher Maurice Brown P.O.V

"Here you are sir". I handed a guy his bag full of clothes. 

I usually didn't work here. One of my workers has the flu and my other one is having her baby. So I had to come in so it could be two people in the store. 

"Boss". Trey called me.

"Yeah?" I looked over at him.

He nodded towards the door. My ex Karrueche had just walked in. She had long pink weave that went to her ass.About six inch red bottom heels with ripped jeans and a cropped top. 

"Wassup Chris?" She came up to me popping on her gum.

"Hello".I rolled my eyes at her.

"Don't be acting like that daddy. You know you still want all of this".  

I laughed.

"No I don't but the women's section is over there. Unless your transitioning then you're in the wrong part of the store sweet heart". I smirked at her.

Trey walked away covering his mouth trying to hide his laughter. Karruche gasped. She rolled her eyes and walked quickly towards the exit. Sometimes she only came in here to fuck with me. Well, all the damn time she came in here to fuck with me.

"Boss she's annoying as hell but bad as fuck. Why'd you let that go?" Trey asked me.

"I caught her bad mouthing my daughter and telling her little friends that she was going to be Royalty's new mother. Royalty only has one mother and she could never be replaced. I don't play that shit at all. All of that lovey dovey shit went out the window. I told her to watch her mouth and she started cursing my ass out like i was in the wrong. Glad I got rid of that".  I counted the money at the cash register.

Business was pretty busy today. I didn't end up leaving the store until six o'clock. I drove to my mother's house to pick up Royalty. I used my key to unlock the front door. It was oddly quiet and all the lights were off.

"Ma!" I called out.

"Hush boy before you wake up my grand baby". She yelled from the backyard.

"Oh sorry." I came back there to sit with her.

"How was she?" I asked my mother.

 "Oh honey you know she's an angel. We had lots of fun. We went to get our nails done and got ice cream after. Oh and we saw your friend Angela. We saw her in the Nail Salon and I invited her to ice cream with us and she gladly accepted."

"Oh really now". 

"Yes and Royalty made you something for Father's Day and we even bought you something." She pulled out a big bag and box that was wrapped. 

"Ma you did not have to buy me anything".

"Oh child hush. You're my son. But I cant give you these without Royalty. I'll be right back". She got up going back inside.

A few minutes later she came back holding Royalty's hand. Royalty came out rubbing her eyes and holding her stuffed bunny in her pink and purple polka dot pajama set. She climbed in my lap and gave me the gifts.

"Happy Fathers Day daddy". She smiled kissing my cheek.

"Thank you my baby". I hugged her.

I quickly read the cards and opened my gifts.I opened the bag first. Jeans and shirts were in the bag. As soon as I unwrapped the final present which as the box I broke down in tears.