T W E L V E

Angela Monica Patterson P.O.V

My eyes slowly opened. Well barely opened. I knew my eyes would be swollen and puffy after all of the crying I did last night.

I looked down to see Chris arms around my waist. I smiled and removed his arms as I sat up. I checked my phone for the time. It read 8:57.

"Shit". I mumbled getting up.

"Late for something?" Chris asked me.

"Uh yeah sorry I didn't mean to wake you. I have to go to this group meeting and I have to be there by 9:30".

"Aa?" He asked.

"No, It's a group for mourners and it's supposed to help us cope with our loved ones being gone."

"Ohh so that's how you met my cousin. He told me he was going to a group to try to deal with the pain."

"Yeah and thanks for staying with me last night. I was a mess."

"No problem and if you think you were a mess last night wait until you look in the mirror." He chuckled.

"You dick". I punched his shoulder.

"I'm just playing the swelling should be gone soon but I'm going to go now. If you need anything call me." He headed for the door.

"Chris?" I asked him.

"Yes?" He turned around.

"Thank you for everything. I really enjoyed myself. We should do it again some time."

"I enjoyed myself too and yeah we should but maybe with just the two of us".

"Are you asking me on a date Christopher?" I asked him.

"I don't know Angela are you agreeing?"

"Of course I will. Let's talk later I really have to go now". I told him looking at the digital clock on my kitchen counter that read 9:07.

"See ya later Ang". He called as he walked out my apartment.

"Bye". I yelled waving.

I quickly shut the door behind him and running to my bathroom to shower. I quickly threw an outfit on with a pair of shades. I grabbed my purse and keys before walking out of my apartment and locking the door.

I ran down the stairs and got into my car. Ten minutes later I pulled up the building. I was about twenty minutes late and part of it was because I stopped and got a donut and coffee.

I quickly finished off my donut and wiped my mouth in the parking lot. I got out locking my door and taking the elevator to the designated floor. I slowly opened the door and found a seat next to Miranda.

"Angela we heard about the tombstone from the news. We're here for you". Sheila said.

"Thank you guys". I smiled.

Christopher Maurice Brown P.O.V

"So what's taking so long for the furniture to get here?" I asked my interior designer named India.

"Well Chris you wanted all this exotic furniture and it's going to take longer to get here". She replied.

"This grand opening is in a five days India. Will it be here by then?"

"It should be."

"No it better be because I'm not rescheduling this grand opening again India. Hold on". My phone began to rang.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Aye yo Chris the potential new employers are here to be interviewed." Trey voice came through the phone.

"Aw shit I forgot. I'm at the new shop in West Hollywood working out last minute things. You know the grand opening is soon. You think you you can interview them?" I asked him.

"Yeah I'll just have Chrystal run the front for a while."

"Thanks man, oh and make sure to tell them that they won't be working at the store there but the one opening on Saturday in West Hollywood."

"Ight got you boss man. Chrystal girl get your ass up babygirl your break is over". I heard him yell before he hung up.

"Anyways is there anyway we can rush the delivery?" I asked her.

"Yes but it's going to be at least two hundred and it can be here by Thursday." She showed me on her iPad.

"Ight here." I sent her two hundred through PayPal.

"Okay it's done it should be here by Thursday at 9 am so make sure somebody is here to sign for it and they will set it up where you want it and stuff."

"Okay thank you India."

"No problem Chris. I gotta go meet with my brother and sister for brunch but I'll see you Friday morning to put the finish touches on everything before the grand opening Saturday."

"Okay".

I turned off all the lights and closed the curtains. I walked out the store and locked the front door and then pulled down the metal cover up and then locked that.

I hopped into my car and went to Denny's where I was supposed to be meeting the bro's. I got out and found them at a table.

"Yo wassup." I dapped everyone up.

"Nigga we hungry where have you been?" Shaun asked me.

"Nigga I was with India at my new shop

"Nigga I was with India at my new shop. I took so long because my furniture still not in that bitch and the grand opening is Saturday. So we had to handle that situation."

"Ouuu India with the big booty?" Jason asked.

"Yes nigga". I rolled my eyes.

"Hi welcome to Denny's. My name is Jessica and I'll be your waitress today. Can I start you guys off with some drinks." She pulled out her pad and pen.

"Lemme get a sprite". Shaun went first.

"Uh a coke will be fine." I told the waitress.

"Uh lemme get a root beer". Jason said as he looked over the menu.

"Okay so a sprite, coke, and root beer. I'll be back shortly with your drinks". She turned on her heels and walked away.

"Now her ass is fat". Shaun said causing all of us to laugh.