5. 'Sloopy' Mansion

After a long hour of talking with Ben, you walked up the stairs to find Jack or Rosetta. As you walked down the dark corridor your eyes glanced at every room. One room you stopped by had the light on. You put your hand on the knob and began to turn it, opening the door slowly. Rosetta was asleep on a bed and Jeff was...on the floor, with his creepy wide eyes. You weren't sure if he was asleep with his eyes open (Since-like I was making it like you don't know he doesn't have eyelids...-). You went over to him and waved your hand over his eyes. He didn't move.

Feeling a little creeped out you walked out of the room and started to walk down the corridor. You looked Turned the corner and looked at a room that had the door cracked, there was mumbling coming from it. You opened the door and there was /Laughing/ Jack. He was sitting in front of a TV with a bowl of candy next to him. He stared at the Static on the TV and he didn't blink. You were going to close the door, but as you did it made a creaking noise. Jack's eyes darted in your direction giving you an uncomfortable gaze. 

You both stared at each other for an actual 20 minutes until Jack finally said,

"  Are you alright ? "

You were taken aback by this question. He was asking you if you were okay when you should've been asking him that.

" Yeah...Are you okay ? "

He hesitated for a second and pulled on the 'happiest' smile he could. Then he nodded and looked back at the TV. You went over to him and sat down next to Jack. He looked down at you and smiled. You took the remote which was sitting next to him and turned it to a channel that was not static. Then you set the remote down and pet it. 

" Wha-MWhy did you change the channel ? The good part was coming up ! " He whined making you shake your head. 

" It was Stootic- or Static. Father would always get mad when a channel would come up like that. Then he'd yell-

Fu- "

" I think I understand... " Jack said to stop you from cursing.

" Oh, alright ! "

" Yeah... "

You both stared at the TV, the awkward silence growing. It was probably because of what you asked earlier. You hugged your knees and glanced at jack occasionally to see him looking at you then looking away.

Then out of nowhere, you hear something loud, not knowing if it's a scream or a laugh.

You and Jack look at each other and raise your eyebrows. He gets up and starts to walk out, you follow closely behind him. You both walk to the door you hear the laughing from. " Isn't that Jeff's room ? " You ask, remembering that you walked in there.

Jack nodded and slowly opened the door hoping nothing- odd was happening.

Jeff was just tickling Rosetta. You both narrowed your eyes in annoyance. Thinking that she was being killed. " Can you stop...just for like two seconds ? "

Jeff looked over at Jack and stopped, " Alright- Alright. "

" And Rose, don't get too attached to him, he'll like one girl for a week and then move on. " Jack said grabbing your hand and walking back to his bedroom. He picked you up and put you on the bed. 

" You should get some sleep. " He said looking down at the floor.

" I have to do some errands... " He said glancing out the window.

You nodded and smiled, " Goodnight. "

 " Goodnight... "

He walked out of the room and you lied there for 10 minutes. Your mind was racing and thinking if you should follow him though that would be a bad idea. Yet you still wanted to do it.

You got up and took one of Jacks' candy bags, you took out the knife Rosetta gave you and put it in, you also took some candy. Walking over to Jeffs' room you knocked on the door. 

Someone quickly opened it, " Ros- Oh. Hey, what do you need... ? " Jeff asked.

" Is Rose in here ? "

Jeff shook his head. " No, she left after what Jack said. He's such a mood ki- "

" Alright ! Thanks for telling me ! " You said, not having any time to waste.

Ypu ran down stairs to see Rosetta and Jack talking, she was nodding and he soon got up and waved. He walked out the door and she looked down.

"Rose ! " You yelled running down the stairs. "I Need your help ! "

She looked at you with a confused. " With what ? "

" I want to follow Jack. "

" Okay.... " She said, not having anything else to do.

You were confused on why she didn't tell you why it's bad to spy on people, but she probably had her reasons.

You and her filled the slightly large candy bag with weapons and tools you didn't know if you needed, also water and candy.

" This is weird... " Rose stated.

" But it's cool ! "