11. Dread

Jack had put you on his shoulder as you were touching every tree branch you possibly could.  Jack sighed, he hated having to walk you back home. He hardly gets to spend time with you when he does this. Every time he has to stop you from doing something and then you both don't talk the whole way back to the mansion. 

" Hey, Y/N..."

You looked down at Jack and tilted your head.

" Can you promise me you won't do anything stupid ? "

" Pffft, I don't have to promise you that. You know I am a very smart~"

"No no, seriously. Please tell me you won't do anything stupid."

"Is something wrong Jack?"

"Every time we go back to your 'house' something happens and then you're mad at me and I'm mad at you. I'm tired of it." 

" Oh, okay. I (Y/N) (L/N) promise to not do anything stupid, just so my best friend Jack can be happy." 

Jack giggled at your words,

he was just friend-zoned.

He thought this through, all he did was kiss you without your consent and then every other time he either acted like a father or a possessive boyfriend (what's the difference in Alabama tho).

_______________________________

Once you two made it to the shop Jack took you off his back and set you down as he slowly opened the door. It was quiet, something about that made it unsettling. Where were Rosetta and Daniel?

" Hello?" 

you yelled into the shop, waiting for a response.

No one answered. Jack looked down at you and then closed the door. 

"Where would they be?"

" The library maybe? Rosetta has claimed to have read every single book from there though."

You and Jack stayed quiet and thought. Where in the heavens could they have gone to? Jack picked you up and put you back on his back and started to walk around the abandoned town. You kept a lookout and felt a sense of dread. You never really looked at the town like this, it was so beaten down and sad. What happened? 

You shook your head and stopped thinking about it, first you have to find your friends then later you could feel bad about this town. Jack pointed to a shop with its Lights on, he started to walk towards it and you sighed in relief-

maybe too early.

Jack opened the door to the place and seen one lit candle and blood on the floor. You looked horrified. 

"The candle is new."

Jack mumbled. He slowly backed out and started to run back in the direction of the doll shop and opened the door, closing it behind him. You jumped off his back and grabbed his hand, leading him to a door. You opened the door and pointed down the stairs. Jack picked you up and started to walk down the stairs making sure to close the door behind him. There was a light on down there too. 

He slowly walked down the stairs and you screamed at the sight of two people.

"Oh god, shut up!" 

The candle was picked up and it was Rosetta and Daniel.

" I was about to shoot you!" Daniel said, giggling.

That didn't make anyone feel better.

Jack just nodded slowly, still in shock from what he saw before. You looked down at the floor and didn't make eye contact with Rosetta or Daniel.

" Please tell me you didn't see any more candles lit and if you did, you blew it out, right?"

You and Jack smiled awkwardly, you looked at Rosetta and giggled.

"We didn't blow it out."

Rosetta's deadpan expression stayed the same. Daniel, on the other hand, groaned out in frustration.

"I told you we didn't get all of them. Why didn't you want to walk into the Library."

"Something wasn't right in there, and there was no candlelit when we walked passed."

"What didn't feel right?"

You questioned.

"The aura, there was something in there. I didn't like it at all. I'd rather sit in a room with Jack and Daniel for a whole day rather than walk near that Library again."

"Wow, ok. Hurt my feelings why don't you?"

Jack and Daniel said at the same time while looking at Rosetta.

"Feelings, Shmeelings. We're gonna be dead one day. Let us hope today is not that day. Did you guys walk into the Library."

Jack looked away. You nodded.

"What was in there?"

"A candle and blood,"

"And someone else."

Jack added. You looked over at him.

"What do you mean? "

You said in a shaky tone, not feeling comfortable anymore.

" When we walked in there was an old man standing at one of the bookshelves. He was wearing a black coat."

Rosetta and you looked at each other.

"One-third of the size of the bookshelf?"

"Yeah, sort of."

"Hahahahah, funny joke. He's been dead for two years."

Daniel muttered. You and Rosetta had the same thought.

"It could be though."

"Who?"

Jack asked, his face was scrunched up with confusion.